bearded dragon infected skin or funges help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

49ers559

Original Poster
Hi AHBD thank you for you're advised it's not actually surgery there not gonna cut him open or anything there is like chucks of deadskin that is real hard and stuck to him there gonna remove that so all the fungus could be shown because under the deadskin is funges the vet said when someone came in with y.f they put the bearded dragon down because it was all over the head they haven't seen anything like mine's the good thing
Is it's not even close to his head it's on his back leg and under his tail making its way to the body...I'm gonna make sure they don't give me any kind of antibiotics I also heard it wasn't good for them it could just caused the fungus to spread..but when I take him Monday I'm gonna talk to the vet and ask him more questions about the surgery

49ers559

Original Poster
AHBD":3qh9g63g said:
I'm sorry about your poor beardie ! I just wanted to mention that I've never heard of a vet taking it off via surgery, and you say he has no experience withY.F. ? ....this may not help and may be extremely painful, I'm guessing. Please take the time to look at the cases of Y.Fungus in the infectious disease forum, there are posters with a lot of experience dealing with it. Dylanraven, who has posted here, may have some insight for you. Your vet not being familiar with it would make me very nervous. Please look at the threads I mentioned, or p.m. one of those posters who are successfully treating their dragons. The usual treatments are the ones that other posters here have mentioned, plus an oral med. called voriconazole. Antibiotics are not helpful and can be harmful, and some inexperienced vets prescribe them. I don't think a single poster's dragon had surgery [ correct me if I'm wrong ] .....just wanting you to be cautious. I hope the best for your poor beardie !
hi took my bearded dragon to surgery today everything went good it looks way better then the picture I have on this thread ima post the picture up in a lil but they did give me some antibiotics its called baytril liquid suspension I don't wanna give it to him I told them that antibiotics wasn't good for them but they said it was reptile antibiotics and with out it the y.f won't get cured but I haven't gave it to him yet they said to do it 1 time a day

49ers559

Original Poster
Hi everybody took my bearded dragon Frisco to surgery debridement today everything went good here is a picture before the surgery here is a picture after the surgery

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks much better there ! :) I'm glad they seem to have done a good job ! Will you be using the antifungal cream on that area ? Hopefully he's going to continue to improve. Y.F. is really tough to beat, so keep a strict eye on how he does. If you use antibiotics, you'll need to give him some probiotics like Benebac or Acidophiliz+ to restore the good gut flora that the antibiotics wipe out.

49ers559

Original Poster
AHBD":qsdt97so said:
He looks much better there ! :) I'm glad they seem to have done a good job ! Will you be using the antifungal cream on that area ? Hopefully he's going to continue to improve. Y.F. is really tough to beat, so keep a strict eye on how he does. If you use antibiotics, you'll need to give him some probiotics like Benebac or Acidophiliz+ to restore the good gut flora that the antibiotics wipe out.
Yea I been using nolvasan and lamisil the vet order some oral antifungal have to pick it up in a couple days but I'm really hesitating on giving him that baytril antibiotic and they said not to feed him today because they gave him anesthesia is that how it works?

49ers559

Original Poster
49ers559":2ex25etb said:
AHBD":2ex25etb said:
Yea I been using nolvasan and lamisil the vet order some oral antifungal have to pick it up in a couple days but I'm really hesitating on giving him that baytril antibiotic and they said not to feed him today because they gave him anesthesia is that how it works?
hi AHBD I got his oral meds from the vet today it's called itraconazole is that good for him? and I was wondering if I should still give him the antibiotic baytril? I haven't started the antibiotic
Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom