Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddha1369

ive just started giving my baby a bath. when i put her in, all she dose is sit there and stare at me. i was wondering what other peoples lizards do in the bath. mabye she is just startled by the water or something?

Leo123

Leo will usually sit there as you say staring for maybe the first 5-10 mins then he starts spinning round and flicking his front legs and for his finnaly he usually leaves me a nice stool to clean up lol

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I have 2 dragons,my female loves to splash around and play in the bath. My male dragon on the other hand usually stands in one position and looks at me as if to say "OK woman,I have soaked long enough,are you ever gonna get me outta here?"

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Try swishing the water around with your fingers this will entice your beardie to drink and swim around. :wink:

buddha1369

Original Poster
do they swim? i only put a little water in the sink because i didnt think that they could swim and i didnt want her to drown

spikerocks

Juvie Member
They can swim but the water should come half way up their arms or to the top of the front arms at the highest. My beardie is only 8 wks old so his bath water measures from my fingertip to the first knuckle. All beardies r different but my guy luvs to swim around.

rince

Rand hates bathing ... He get's squirmy when I even get close to the sink with him. I put in a towel so he gets a secure footing and everything, but he will fight for his life to get out of it. The only way I can make him sit in the water for max. 5 minutes is to let him sit on my hand. He will look at me to say 'If I have to be in here, you better have to soak in here too!' After 5 minutes he will just run up my arm and sit on my shoulder and watch me drain the sink ...

relab

i don't know if my guy likes it or not. he's pretty calm while i'm petting him or rubbing his belly, but if i stop he tries to run out of the sink. I let him try for a little while to get some good exercise, but then i'll pet his belly, or his back and he's cool again 8) . I figure if he doesn't like it, he's eventually going to get used to it, and at least tolerate it, and if he already likes it then great!!

DSC01240.jpg

[Domino's first bath]

jmain

Juvie Member
My beardie also just sits there and looks at me. He is about 8 months old and I usually put water up to the 2nd knuckle so the water is covering pretty much his whole back. I do that so I can collect water in my hand and drip it on his head but I know for sure his back is soaked too. Right before he poos he will jump around a lot and then when he is done he jumps around too lol

jewelmick

Mine usually poops almost right away.....if I think she really needs the soak, I will drain and clean it really quick and put her back in. She usually just stand there....I have a dropper I play with her with, sometimes she will drink a bit. It's really kewl the way they swim around.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
fifthdawn":76a44 said:
I never came across soaking in care sheets. How often should you soak them?
Bathing is an important part in keeping a healthy dragon. Regular bathing for minimum of 10 minutes several times a week helps keep the beardie hydrated, clean, and helps to relax the muscles thus making it easier for them to go to the bathroom.
Make sure that the bath water is warm to the touch (95*-99* F) and fill it full enough to reach their shoulders/armpits. Remember if it feels too warm to you then it's definately to hot for them. Some beardies are comfortable bathing in the sink or the bath tub and others may not like bath time at all. You can try placing a see through Rubbermaid container on your countertop and gently placing your beardie inside. He may feel more comfortable resting on your hand while it is submerged in the water. For babies I suggest using a dish clothe on the bottom of the container so they can walk without slipping this will help your beardie to feel a bit safer. They need to feel secure or they will never enjoy bath time. And get ready to pick your beardie out of the bath water should he decide to poop in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom