Balloon Belly

Toastpancake

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toast
My Toast is constipated and blew up like a ballon trying to poop. He could not poop but his stomach grew so it looked like he had a tennis ball in it and looked like the frog balloon in Shrek. Anyone know why this could have happened?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Toast is constipated and blew up like a ballon trying to poop. He could not poop but his stomach grew so it looked like he had a tennis ball in it and looked like the frog balloon in Shrek. Anyone know why this could have happened?
Dehydration for one -- what are you feeding for insects and salads?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’ve been seeing him drinking water so I’m not sure it’s the dehydration. He eats Dubia roaches and collard greens mostly. He sometimes gets the super worms as a treat
Ok so the diet is good -- I would add more worms to his diet like horn worms and meal worms -- how old is he? here is a website for nutrition for more ideas of what to feed ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
Did he finally go poop and did the stomach go down afterwards

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Be sure the dubia roaches are smaller than the space between the eyes, to avoid an
impaction. It is possible the insect just might have been a little too big.
You can give sugar free apple sauce, canned pumpkin & butternut squash mixed together
a few times per week to help with fiber inside the GI tract.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom