Bearded dragon, beardie loss

Shrek

Hello,
A week ago I lost my beardie shrek. He was 5 and very healthy. I have 3 beardies all same setup and in 3 different tanks. Fed them around 11am like normal and went back 2 hours later to take them out. The one beardie threw up blood and a few superwoman’s. Crawled under its hide in more blood and when I pulled him out he was just about lifeless. Rushed him to vet and there was nothing they could do. Lost a lot of blood and heart rate was barely there. I’m trying my best to understand what happened. They said and I think so also it was an anyeurism. But I wonder if the super worms had anything to do with it? But as I mentioned I have 2 other beardies that have all the same setup and food. Anything you guys can help with I would greatly appreciate.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
No not very likely, some parasites can cause internal bleeding though. If he had a high load that might be what happened.
Either way you have my condolences, no matter the reason it hurts when we loose them.

Shrek

Original Poster
Thank you for quick reply and yes this really hurts. I got him from a friend of mine that the kids weren’t paying to much attention to him so she wanted it to go to a better home. Only had him for like a month and a half. Gave him the best month and a half that’s for sure. Again thank you

Shrek

Original Poster
Sorry to hear about your beardie. :( A burst anyeurism is probably the best guess.
Thank you. From what I am learning after talking to quite a few vets is that the unique morphs are prone to this I guess. Just he was so healthy and active. Having a hard time with it. Thank you again.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, so so sorry you lost your dragon so very
suddenly, that must have been devastating, with
no warning at all.
It does sound like some type of anyeurism to have
happened so quickly. It is heartbreaking to lose a
precious dragon, I know the pain of loss.:cry:
My condolences.

Tracie

Shrek

Original Poster
Hello,

Wow, so so sorry you lost your dragon so very
suddenly, that must have been devastating, with
no warning at all.
It does sound like some type of anyeurism to have
happened so quickly. It is heartbreaking to lose a
precious dragon, I know the pain of loss.:cry:
My condolences.

Tracie
Hello Tracie,
Thank you for the response. Yes it’s been hard.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are all here for you. Honestly, losing a dragon is the hardest type of loss animal
wise, I have ever gone through. I am sincerely sorry.

Tracie

Shrek

Original Poster
Hello,

We are all here for you. Honestly, losing a dragon is the hardest type of loss animal
wise, I have ever gone through. I am sincerely sorry.

Tracie
Hello Tracie,
Yes it’s hard and I can’t stop reading and trying to figure out what could have happened. Thank you.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom