baby shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

harharley97

Hatchling Member
my baby beardie is shedding for first time is it normal for them not to eat while shedding and is there anything to help the process along he is rubbing his face all over the place trying to get skin off is this normal

beardlover

Juvie Member
It's normal, most beardies get cranky and sometimes refuse food when shedding. If you give him/her a luke warm bath and gently rub him/her with a soft toothbrush it might help. Just be careful that you do not pull at the skin, if you pull the skin off before it is ready it can damage the scales underneath.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Mine just went through his/her first body shed April 27. Em did not eat very well at all three days before and five days after the shed losing three ounces that week. Em also got very cranky. I give Em a bathe everyday for 15-20 minutes in warm water (not too hot), this not only helps for hydration but for helping the shed along. I also added misting to Em during this shedding period.

Rubbing their faces and body, and even scratching like a dog is all completely normal.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Im a fan of the bath aswell, and yes some can be downright rotten when they are in shed.
My baby Miso is currently in the middle of a full body, head AND back leg shed and today only picked at the teeniest bit of greens.

Sulky little monsters!

Chunka

I was going to post something but this answered it for me!

My daughter's little one is being very cranky, anxious up more than sleeping, eating about the same but it seems only the head is shedding. Is that about accurate, depending on the growth if just the head swells or if its a significant growth spurt if the full body sheds? How long does it seem to take to shed?

beardlover

Juvie Member
Chunka":5bae1 said:

My daughter's little one is being very cranky, anxious up more than sleeping, eating about the same but it seems only the head is shedding. Is that about accurate, depending on the growth if just the head swells or if its a significant growth spurt if the full body sheds? How long does it seem to take to shed?

It varies for how long it takes, sometimes up to a couple of weeks for the shed to be ready to come off. When they are young they shed and grow continually, personally I have never noticed one growth spurt being more then others...just expect the little one to grow and grow quickly! haha :D

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Chunka":6ffac said:

Just went through the second shed. Took about 1 1/2 weeks. First the tail, then the front legs, then the back legs, then the face, neck and body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom