Nostril is wet

ZeroTheDragon

Beardie name(s)
Zero
This morning after feeding our bearded dragon I noticed his nose was runny again. His temperatures are normal. On the warm side during the day, it gets up to 94. While on the cold side it’s 80. At night time his tank on the cool side where he sleeps, does not drop below 81. His humidity is normal Throughout his tank. During the day the humidity on the cool side is usually 40 sometimes 36 While a little drier on the warm side Dropping to 24. At night humidity is about the same sometimes it spikes to 43. I did manage to get some photos this morning and will be attaching those as well.

He is eating normally and growing currently he is shedding and is a whopping 377 g. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer. I am not sure why his right nostril is wet. Other than being grump about shedding and sitting in his hide most of the day due to shedding, I am not sure what’s wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 25

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is most likely due to shedding I believe. It is just the one side, correct? Is the other nostril going
to shed, or not?
I doubt it is anything like a respiratory infection though. Is he exhibiting any signs or symptoms of a
respiratory infection at all? The humidity sounds fine to me. Since he is eating well & growing there
doesn't seem to be any health issue going on.
I would see what happens once his nostril sheds. Sometimes with the sheds fluids can get trapped
underneath in the scale developing. It should hopefully dry out soon.

Tracie

ZeroTheDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
Hello,

That is most likely due to shedding I believe. It is just the one side, correct? Is the other nostril going
to shed, or not?
I doubt it is anything like a respiratory infection though. Is he exhibiting any signs or symptoms of a
respiratory infection at all? The humidity sounds fine to me. Since he is eating well & growing there
doesn't seem to be any health issue going on.
I would see what happens once his nostril sheds. Sometimes with the sheds fluids can get trapped
underneath in the scale developing. It should hopefully dry out soon.

Tracie
I don’t think so. He had a respiratory infection In October (I believe he had one when we got him). And with that he was breathing deeper and making this like popping puff of air with his lips. Currently it is just in the one nostril that is damp. He actually just shed his nostril this past week, but I do believe the plug may have come out early because he was rubbing his face on me to get it off and I did help him. Thank you so much so replying! I really appreciate you! Goggle just kind of makes everything worse. We’re still relatively new beardie parents and any time I see something I have questions haha

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, good to hear he recovered from his respiratory infection from last year! It's hard on them to get over those sometimes, especially during the winter.
If his nose plug came out prematurely then it could have irritated the inside of his nostril a little bit. It should be fine & if there is any type of damage it will heal up soon!
They do worry us to death sometimes!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom