Baby dragon hasn't absorbed yolk

Status
Not open for further replies.

washy

I have a hatchling that came out a couple hours ago and still has a huge amount of yolk outside his body. Right now he's still inside the incubator. Is there anything I can do for it?

I have one as well, and mine isn't doing so well after 2 days- still hasn't absorbed it.
Everything I could find says to put him in a little tub with damp paper towel under him to help keep it moist, and to keep him in the incubator until he absorbs it. I guess it can take up to 2 days or so for some of them to absorb it. That's all I've been able to find, so hopefully somebody else will pipe in with more help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Placing him a warm plastic bin with a moist paper towel is about all you can do right now.
Some seem to take a little longer than others to absorb their sacs. Hopefully before long, he will have it all absorbed.
Does he seem to be doing alright, otherwise?

Tracie

washy

Original Poster
So far its moved around quite a bit in the incubator and absorbed most of the yolk. Seems like its gonna make it, thanks for the response.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he seems to be absorbing his yolk! I hope he is doing well. Let us know how he fares.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom