8 month bearded dragon refuses to eat

Jeffvan

Hi I have a 8 month bearded dragon that was doing great and he all of a sudden stopped eating a week ago will not eat anything bugs greens mealworms nothing has changed in the tank temp and even tried putting a new uvb bulb in there still no luck any idea what the problem could be

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of the set up as well as your dragon ? What is his name and how big is he ? Sometimes large, fast growing dragons will go on a little hunger strike, especially if there's a temp. change outside.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, as AHBD requested, it greatly helps us to see pictures of your dragon, along with his tank setup so we can review the situation, etc.

Tracie

Jeffvan

Original Poster
1000001017.jpg
1000001018.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And his name is Charmander
Charmanders basking bulb is a MVB???? If there is a long tube fixture I dont see it -- the bulb you using is what brand and wattage ? How are you getting surface basking temps-- please get two digital probe thermometers one for the hot side and cool side --- he needs a hide please --

Jeffvan

Original Poster
Charmanders basking bulb is a MVB???? If there is a long tube fixture I dont see it -- the bulb you using is what brand and wattage ? How are you getting surface basking temps-- please get two digital probe thermometers one for the hot side and cool side --- he needs a hide please --
He has a uvb bulb that's is attached under the mesh it's a arcadia 12 percent 24 w

Jeffvan

Original Poster
Should the hide be on the cold side then cause there really isn't room on the basking side he never really goes to the cool side only to eat his salads

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And getting the temps with a temp gun
He needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB 12-15 inches please - temp guns are good but can be off w/ certain basking materials -- the digital probe thermometers are the most accurate- are you keeping a weight on him? Has he lost any? What is the brand and bulb of the basking bulb your using- it looks like its yellow---

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Should the hide be on the cold side then cause there really isn't room on the basking side he never really goes to the cool side only to eat his salads
You can set the hide up on the cool side -- I would actually look at getting him into a larger tank --- what size is he in now?

Jeffvan

Original Poster
He needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB 12-15 inches please - temp guns are good but can be off w/ certain basking materials -- the digital probe thermometers are the most accurate- are you keeping a weight on him? Has he lost any? What is the brand and bulb of the basking bulb your using- it looks like its yellow---
Yea he's at 350 grams and staying pretty much right there and it's a reptizoo basking bulb

Jeffvan

Original Poster
With the way it was set up has not changed and had him since a baby was fine never had a problem but has just gone on this week long hunger strike so if the conditions were not right wouldn't he had a problem before this it's weird

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom