Egg Yolk Peritonitis? Egg break? Help!

Peachy114

Beardie name(s)
Coco
For the past few weeks, my bearded dragon hasnt been able to poop without me giving her a bath. Today it was one of those qeeks and she looked pretty fat so i gave her a bath. But when shee pooped she also pooped out this yellow stuff! Is this egg yolk?? I have no idea what it is and im very scared. More information is that one of her light broke and dhes been staying under the one that works. She akso hasnt been eating much of her food sometimes. I think 1 is beacuse its now summer and food molds easily and 2. The fruit flies. Trying to get rid of them. She also has been EXTREMLY hungry. She wont eat out of the bowl a lot but she tries eating everything else. I feed her dubia roaches and i judt fed her a small wax worm. When shes not trying to eat everything shes just sitting there. What do I do??

Attachments

• 20230615_124037.jpg
    20230615_124037.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 112

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe message Tracie @Drache613 she is a vet tech and probably the most likely to know whats up. She is on late nights though

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What does her daily diet look like?

What have her activity levels been like lately?
How old is she and has she ever laid eggs before?

-Brandon

Peachy114

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coco
I been feeding her bok choy, green beans and brussle sprouts, and i gave her quite a lot of fruit on sunday but she didnt eat too much of it. I also give her 4 dubia roaches a week. I akso replace her bowl every 3 days.

Shes usually is basking for the whole time until she sees movement or when i open her tank, then she gets all jumpy and tries to eat everything. Shes around 2 years old and she laid egg before but she never has the average amount. One day she lays 3, few weeks she lays 8, i think the most she had at once was 9-10

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Were any of the fruits you fed her yellow? I'd look at the diet first to rule out it being food that was passed. If she hasn't ate anything yellow then it's going to be egg yolk most likely.

It wouldn't hurt to provide her a dig box right now and see what she does. Make sure the sand or soil mix you use is the consistency of sand castle building sand to allow her to burrow without the substrate collapsing.

-Brandon

Peachy114

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coco
Were any of the fruits you fed her yellow? I'd look at the diet first to rule out it being food that was passed. If she hasn't ate anything yellow then it's going to be egg yolk most likely.

It wouldn't hurt to provide her a dig box right now and see what she does. Make sure the sand or soil mix you use is the consistency of sand castle building sand to allow her to burrow without the substrate collapsing.

-Brandon
OHH ok so i did feed her a tiny bit of mango, but i dont think i fed her that much, just a tiny peice. I tried to put her into the dig box but she wanted out. Ill try again when she wakes up. If it is egg yolk, should i be worried??

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would imagine it's mango then.. :) From the picture, it looked slightly fibrous, which is why I asked about the food.

She would have other symptoms too if she had peritonitis.

-Brandon

Peachy114

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coco
I would imagine it's mango then.. :) From the picture, it looked slightly fibrous, which is why I asked about the food.

She would have other symptoms too if she had peritonitis.

-Brandon
Thank you so much! Its the first that this happened so i got really worried. Might just calm down on the mango for a while too lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears to be mango right now. I agree, she would have other issues going on if a yolk would
have burst internally.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom