8 month bearded dragon refuses to eat

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good you got the bulb changed. If he is slown down though, it may not make much of a
difference right now but eventually he will get use out of it!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yea Dubai but same thing won't eat unless hand fed he just pretty much lays in corner of tank pretty much all day
Lays in the corner of the tank as in out of the UVB and basking area? Is this the cool side of the tank?

Jeffvan

Original Poster
Yea Dubai but same thing won't eat unless hand fed he just pretty much lays in corner of tank pretty much all

Lays in the corner of the tank as in out of the UVB and basking area? Is this the cool side of the tank?
No on the warm side he is still under the uvb light but lays on the ground most of the time not on his basking log I have for him the temp is at 103 at the basking log so I know it's not to hot for him

Jeffvan

Original Poster
No on the warm side he is still under the uvb light but lays on the ground most of the time not on his basking log I have for him the temp is at 103 at the basking log so I know it's not to hot for him
He will go up there after he eats for alittle while but then back to the ground

Jeffvan

Original Poster

Attachments

• 17137138948034012316812829693087.jpg
    17137138948034012316812829693087.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 19

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks really good there, just a little lazy! That is what they do when they slow down. He may slow
down for awhile & not really sleep per say but just relax. Eventually he will come out of it & begin to be
more active.

Tracie

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
As the others suggested brumation or a slowdown phase is based on a combination of age and size. If he wants to slow down, don't fight him on this, it's very important for their health.
My boy started brumation at 9 months and 350g. Yours looks big and healthy too, so I would not worry right now. As long as he's not loosing much weight, just let him do his thing. If he wants to brumate (sounds like he only wants to slow down a bit so far, but he might at some point) you should shorten the light cycle and drop the temps.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom