Egg broke

So i have some eggs in the incubator. And one of the eggs broke and the baby is completely out of the egg. The yolk is still attached and the baby is fully formed. The baby is still moving so I put it in a sterile container on some damp paper and put it back in the incubator.
What else can I do?

Ps. The eggs are around the date they could hatch each moment.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a picture?

What you are doing right now is what I'd do. By yolk still attached, do you just mean to the stomach area?

-Brandon

Kimberley480

Original Poster
Can you post a picture?

What you are doing right now is what I'd do. By yolk still attached, do you just mean to the stomach area?

-Brandon
Yes, the yolk is still attached to the stomach area.
So there is a little substrate on the baby. And I don't know if I can clean it off or what else I can do.
I still see the little heart beating.

Attachments

• 20230616_214234.jpg
    20230616_214234.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 60

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Claudius, you're doing what needs to be done for this baby. Keep it moist and warm and hopefully part of it will be absorbed but since it's huge there will be a significant piece that just falls off. The baby will be very fragile, there's a chance that it won't make it but it might surprise you.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Come on lil guy/gal you can do it !!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad. They are very fragile at that stage. Not much you can do besides hope they pull through.

Hopeful that the rest of your clutch comes out well. Who are the parents?

-Brandon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom