Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Liz. :wink:

Well, the outside photoshoot didn't go at all. :roll: It did get up to 70 today but no good sunshine and VERY windy which made her kinda uneasy. So, had her leash on & let her run around for a little while, then when she got chilly and saw a buzzard overhead, brought her back inside and gave her a warm bath. Then we proceeded to TRY to take pics. Took some sitting on the windowsill with the water garden behind her but the screen took away from the pics although some of them were very clear and she had her brightest colors. Then I used a background that she had't seen before and that was a mistake because she didn't want to look at me, she wanted to checkout the scenery instead. :lol: After she studied that for a while, I readjusted her and proceeded to take SEVERAL pics. I went to PB to download them and when I clicked on the bulk uploader, it was being stubborn and wanted to download ALL the pics on that memory card, over 1000! :shock: So, I stopped it and had to download them individually. Hopefully there are at least 2 that came out crystal clear. Gina, since you have taken such wonderful pics and have submitted very good full pg pics, please let me know what you think. The ones I downloaded were the best and I even had a hard time narrowing those down. :roll: So, what does everyone think? Thanks for the help. :wink:

So, on with the photo shoot................

IMG_4611_zps3ea7117f.jpg

IMG_4601_zps160611a2.jpg

IMG_4593_zpsea74ca51.jpg

IMG_4569_zps63aa3ba5.jpg

IMG_4568_zpsa29ee09d.jpg

#6 My favorite, hope it is clear enough.
IMG_4563_zps9dc706b2.jpg

IMG_4560_zpse37f9209.jpg

IMG_4552_zps2d89fbe7.jpg

IMG_4551_zps7e93618c.jpg

IMG_4479_zpsa48a11f9.jpg

IMG_4472_zps59ce7194.jpg

My New Year's resolution will be to NOT wait until the last minute next year!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Mine, too, Diane. I pick #6 and #10 as the best. Hope that helps. I like the flowered background much better than the other one.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb. I hope #6 is clear enough and not fuzzy. It was amazing how her color tones kept changing during the photo shoot. :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Isn't that just like Angie, to change her colours through the whole thing :lol: I find them very clear, but that's just me, Gina might think differently, even so I still think those 2 are the best.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks again Deb. Just chatting w/Gina in FB and she thinks 5 and 9 are the clearest. She said they are better than the last ones I posted but that something is still a little "off." I wonder if my memory card needs to be replaced perhaps.

Edit: I think I figured out the problem, had it set on Normal instead of Super Fine. :roll:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Of the two that Gina recommends, my favorite is #5. They were all great pictures, though, Diane. You could make a collage.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Esther. I don't think I'm clever enough to make a collage. Gina has been giving me camera instructions which I need.

I should try to figure out how to make a new signature though since Angie & Loki aren't in mine right now.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can make you a new signature picture. Just send me their pics and the background that you want.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Goonie":1i3d134r said:
I can make you a new signature picture. Just send me their pics and the background that you want.
Thanks Gina, I will do that. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I have to share something that Angie did late yesterday afternoon. Josh was mowing the front lawn with the push mower and of course she heard it so I had to take her outside to show her that it was Josh and not Paul mowing with the ride-on without HER! Took her out and she looked at Josh then she immediately jerked her head to the left so she could see if the tractor was still parked in the same place where it always is as she had to be positive that it was still sitting there. Paul had actually gone to get gas in my car so he wasn't even home at the time.

After she realized she had not been left out, I put her back in her tank while I continued to cook dinner. After a few minutes (and as Josh continued with the push mower right outside her tank), I looked in on her and she was laying behind her box all flattened out with her head laid down and her eyes were HUGE. She hadn't heard Paul come back home & walk in the house. I told Paul about her furious and yet heartbroken look so he said I should get her out and bring her in the kitchen. I picked her up, she laid her unhappy head in my hand and when I walked in the kitchen, she saw Paul and immediately lifted her head up with instant brighter colors and lunged toward him as if to say "you weren't mowing without me, you're right here!" She is so smart and her mind NEVER stops! Think she's just a little bit spoiled? :roll:

She's gonna have a fit this winter when he's using the snow blower and he's not within sight from the kitchen door where I'll be holding her. It's gonna be a LONG winter.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
So precious she is :love5: :love10: People wonder why we like beardies. They are smarter than dogs and cats sometimes, yet they don't make a lot of noise, they just let us know what they are thinking without a sound.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my Angie, you sure do have your opinions and show them quite well. You are such a funny girl, always some excitement where you're concerned :lol: She's such a blessing, isn't she Diane, so full of curiosity and loves you both so much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom