Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can't wait til you see the UPS truck driving up to your house. It would be such a happy moment.
By the way, I love the name you chose for her :p

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Gina. I had looked up Goddess names but we couldn't agree on one. When we were watching TV on Sunday, we heard the names Angeline and Angelique, we liked them both so had to narrow it down.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh this is so exciting, just got home & checked on your other thread right away. I'm glad she's on her way, that was a way too long wait, but she'll arrive soon & you'll have her in the am, I'm so glad for you. I'll be checking in the am, for once I"m glad you're 3 hrs ahead of me!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb. I was surprised at how long of a wait she had to go through before she was actually on the plane. Hopefully she is sound asleep. Hopefully she won't arrive too late tomorrow, one of the tracking details said "end of day on tuesday."

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is the UPS loading dock near by? What in the world would take so long? It shouldn't be more than a couple of hours from Denver to New York, right? She'll be a mighty hungry beardie when you finally get her home! And she'll need a bath, too, poor little thing! I'll be hoping to hear that you have her sooner rather than later!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You're right. I'm guessing she's fast asleep. The first thing she will probably see when she wakes is your smiling face!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Location / Date / Local Time / Activity
Louisville, KY, United States / 06/12/2012 / 1:58 A.M. / Arrival Scan

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'm here lurking the best I can anxiously waiting her arrival to you.

I was shocked to see that she was booked with UPS, they are not letting us here in California ship reptiles via them anymore we are having to use FedEx now. :?

It says that she was dropped off at 9:06am????? Live animals should be dropped off just before the deadline time to depart to airport(end of day). That baby is going to be happy to get out of that box. She's in Kentucky now so hopefully that "by end of day" part is incorrect or just to cover their butts.

Hugs!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so happy you are getting her, shes gorgeous. Delay may be due to the massive wildfires here in Colorado..its massive and airports are being utilized also for the tankers coming in from all over to help fight this massive fire. I hope all is well when she arrives.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks for your call Michele, it woke me up and Paul was on his way out the door. I just got off the phone with UPS. Since it's only an hr drive from Latham to Hudson, I wanted to have her held in Hudson and to utilize the WILL CALL request. Since she isn't at Hudson yet, I need to call back in an hr. :roll: I explained everything to the woman and told her that I DON'T want her put in a delivery van, I want to pick her up instead but she said there is nothing they can do until she actually arrives in Hudson. So, frustrating!

Barb, I guess Laszlo dropped her off on his way to work, guess he had no other choice.

Thanks all for keeping me company, sure hope she is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom