Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I remember seeing some of those pics on facebook. They all look good, Diane. We hope you and yours all have a great Christmas Day tomorrow. from BIll, Lori, Rosie (sleeping more this year than ever before) Lil Squirt.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Esther19":3b0y0kdm said:
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Diane. Thanks for the awesome pictures. :D
Thanks Esther. I tried to find your thread so I could post there but I couldn't. Hopefully you will see this here.

I noticed on Deb's thread that you said Cissy is holding her own, that's good to hear. Wonderful that Angus has gained 10 grams in a week. Amazing that Buster is fully awake now. Must be fun wathcing him bob at everything.

Merry Christmas to you, your family and all your babies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you all for the Christmas wishes. I wish all of you a VERY Merry Christmas to you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Dozer is such a cutie pie! So happy to hear that he's settling in and loves his free roam of the house. I would love to see a video of him getting Q-tip rub downs from Paul. It must be quite an adorable sight to see.

Laura's colors are incredible! She's as red as the sun! :p
She still doesn't quite understand Dozer and his place in the house, huh? What about Loki or Angie? Do they get what/who the stranger is?

Both Loki and Angie look great. Is Angie a very happy camper now that she finally got her pretty Christmas lights and decorations?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Ok Gina, I will try to get a video of Paul using a Q-tip to wash his face. I did it today by myself and he pushes the side he wants washed right into the cotton, so cute.

Laura hasn't shown any signs of shedding yet, we will have had her a month this Saturday. She's a good eater though but doesn't eat many greens. I had her & Angie out today and Laura was about to lunge at her again. I picked her right up and had all I could do to hold onto her. She puffed up her whole body & was wiggling like crazy. Angie just sat there calmly looking at her. I certainly didn't want any conflicts so I put her back in her tank. She must have known she did wrong since she acted like she was being punished and sat in the corner on her log looking so sad. I think she is just testing Angie but I don't want Laura to bite her. All of the 13 yrs I've had beardies, none of them have hurt each other & I certainly don't want it to happen. Angie has been so accepting of her from day one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Loki & Angie like to watch Dozer too and none of them have tried to ride him. :lol: He walked right past Angie today and she didn't attempt to move at all so I guess none of them are afraid of him, just curious.

Yes, Angie is in her glory with the Christmas lights & decorations. She always has a big smile when she's looking at them just like a child would. I'm hoping she will be staying awake longer soon to enjoy them longer daily before we have to put them away.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It'd been a month with Laura already?! WOW, that went by fast!

The only thing I can suggest in getting Laura to be nicer towards Angie is to keep putting her on time outs whenever she lunges for her. If she truly does sulk when you put her back, which sounds like she is, then she'll soon understand that she can't be doing that if she wants play time. Maybe in another month, Laura will give up and be all lovey with Angie (I know, not everyone is like MoMo and Digi, but they had a rough start, too).

Maybe Angie won't sleep that much now that she knows the pretty Christmas lights are on. I'm sure she wouldn't want to miss watching them.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thank you for the beautiful Christmas wishes, Diane. :D I don't have a thread as I doubt I could maintain it, and posting pictures gives me a terrible headache. So, I just kind of hijack other folk's threads. :oops: Looking forward to seeing Dozer's face washing pictures. Have a wonderful Day!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Gina, MoMo & Digi had a rough start in the beginning too? I don't remember hearing about it but could you fill me in sometime? I think you're right about the "time out" as she seemed to understand that she was being punished when I put her back in her tank so quickly and that Angie was left out to walk around. I'll just have to be persistent every time she acts like that. We all certainly know how smart they are so I'm hoping she will get the point I'm trying to make as I hated seeing her sulk like that even though I knew it had to be done.

Paul was off work today and I had to work until 5:00, evidently Angie & Laurie weren't very happy that I wasn't here. Josh did get Laura to eat 6 crickets for him but Angie wouldn't eat anything although it looked like she nibbled on her greens some. When I walked in the door about 5:45, she was standing way up on her basking log so she must have heard me coming. I got her out & loved her up & she ate a few wax worms for me (only give her a few on & off). I was glad to see that as she hadn't eaten much of anything in the past few days. I'm glad she wakes up every morning anyway but she sure wants to sleep a lot after noontime. Sunday will will take her for a trip to Lowe's & Pet Smart as it's supposed to be close to 50 degrees so I will put her inside of a heavy jacket that I wear. I won't be home until about 1:00 or so tomorrow so they will both be pouting again but hopefully will be happy to see me when I get home.

Thanks Gina for sending the wishes from Barb. I'm glad to hear they are doing well. BOY, I miss her and hearing about all of her family & babies. Thanks for your beautiful picture too.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Esther, you're welcome for the wishes. I can understand the reason for you not having your own thread. Hijack away, we always love hearing about your babies. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When MoMo first came, she mimicked everything that Pookie was doing, especially the head bobbing and black bearding towards Digi. MoMo would charge at Digi and try to attack her every time they were out together, including jumping onto her back and bite her neck spikes. Each and every time MoMo misbehaved, she went back into her house, which, of course, made her even more mad because she could clearly see Digi still on the couch (her house was on the coffee table then). After a few months, MoMo finally learned that trying to be like Pookie just wasn't cutting it for her, and she slowly calmed down in the presence of Digi to the point where I could have them in the same tank. That was when I decided to house them together (partly on my own selfishness and laziness in not having to buy another tank), but even that had its own few bad days, where MoMo wouldn't let Digi bask nor eat (when MoMo woke up on the wrong side of the bed).
As we all now know, MoMo can't live without her BFF.

Angie sure can't live without her mommy, huh? I think that's so sweet, but I'm sure it could be frustrating at times, especially when she refuses to eat.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane, I talked to Barbara for a few minutes yesterday, she said to say hi to everyone. I'll be calling her on Sunday as she's home this weekend & I'll post & let you know how she's doing.

That Angie sure loves her mom, to not eat until you get home, even though Dad is home. And I'm glad you're putting Laura into her tank when she gets like that with Angie; like MoMo she'll learn in time to be a good girl when they're both out. Issy was ok out with Sweetie, because she understood that Sweetie was the Queen Bee. I wouldn't leave them alone together, but they never fought. Angel, on the other hand, though she should be Queen Bee and could never be allowed out with Sweetie as she would try to fight her. It's all dominance issues. When Laura realizes that Angie really is the Queen Bee, they'll get along alot better. It will come in time.

Glad you had a good Christmas day and I loved all the photos. I was at David & Annika's from 7p on Xmas Eve until noon on Xmas day, went home to change & check on everyone, give Nathaniel his meds, then back for Xmas dinner, which was delicious. My whole family (except Gail & Ian, they're in Florida after 3 weeks in Jamaica), so it was great. Plus we got Gail on Facetime, so it was great to talk to her.

So here's to a great 2015!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh, I didn't know about MoMo acting like that, what a stinker! That's exactly the way Laura acted the 1st time, the head bobbing, dark bearding, charging & even foot stomping BUT she didn't have a Pookie to follow. :roll: I would have thought it would be the other way around, that Angie might be jealous & she was here 1st, she would have shown some aggression toward Laura, but boy, was I wrong. I'll wait again a little while to see if it goes better. Of course, I suppose they don't HAVE to be friends, but it would be nice. Sabrina & Misty were fine together although I watched them closely since Misty was so much bigger than her. Thanks for sharing their experiences.

It is sweet that Angie is that way but it sure makes me feel bad knowing she is pouting & so unhappy when I'm not here. :( I guess I can read her all to well and have to admit that I REALLY cater to her every whim when I'm home so I guess it's my own fault. :oops: I just love seeing her happy smile & sparkling eyes.

I miss Barbara & hearing all about her babies. Hope she'll be able to pop in soon. Please tell her I said hello and am sending cyber hugs.

Isn't that something Deb that Angel thought she was the Queen Bee. :mrgreen: Guess they just test the waters and US to see what they can get away with.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the pictures and had such a wonderful Christmas with your family. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom