Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh, so that's the way you found out. :mrgreen: So, guess you DID sex him yourself. :wink:

Esther19":1yvbhod7 said:
Fred and Maisy are down for the count. Everyone was up on Wednesday, though, for a drink/bath. Since then, Buster has been up and down. Baby Angus is too little to brumate. And who would eat all the roaches? Cissy has been taking lots of naps under her lights. We are trying the colloidal silver treatments for their (Cis and Angus) ADV. It's good to be able to contribute to Tracie's research, and if it works like we hope it will, it will be a miracle!
That's good that they were all up on Wed. You're right, someone has to eat all the roaches, why not Baby Angus. :p

Hope the silver treatments help and that there are miracles!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Esther19":16e8as0j said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what type of pet was Gina's Buddy?
Buddy was a common snapper, but he didn't know that ;) He was the most well-behaved snapper (and turtle in general) anyone had ever known (according to my vet office). Buddy was my surrogate snuggler when the beardies were brumating.

This used to be his favorite past-time - Cramming himself in the couch cushions:
2012_07-19.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thanks, Gina. I've always been fascinated by turtles/tortoises. I'm glad he was there for you to snuggle. :D He must have been quite a guy!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
There's our favorite snapper, Buddy. Love the way he snuggled down between the couch cushions. He sure looks proud of himself and very comfy. :p

I'll be posting some new pictures soon and also some of Bubba (Dozer), our new Russian tortoise who is settling in quite well. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Buddy was so well loved, and Gina took such good care of him. He was the size of a thumb nail when she found him in her back yard.

Welcome Bubba (or is it Dozer?, or both?) I'm glad he's feeling good in his new home & Paul's over the moon, great Xmas gift for him Diane :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Laura is beautiful. I cant get over that Emily has a twin in color. I love the red orange and congrats on the new tortoise.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
You're right Deb, Gina took wonderful care of him. He sure was tiny when she first found him.

Well, we were calling the tortoise Bubba but since he likes to push things over like a bulldozer, he now has the nickname of Dozer. :dontknow: He is quite the character and sure loves surveying his huge viv and the living room. :lol: Paul is really enjoying having something to call his own although so far, I've been the major caregiver but that's ok. :p

Thanks Tonja. Yes, her coloring is a lot like Emily's.

I will download some pictures tomorrow for sure.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Laura

Dozer in his large viv

Laura trying to figure out what he is :lol: I have to block the area under the viv as the beardies love to go underneath it. :roll:

Look at the expression in her eye

Loki

Angie who's getting ready to shed AGAIN

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Holy cow! Laura's colors are going to blind me :D

What an adorable photo of Laura checking out Dozer (by the way, I love the name).

Loki's yellow beard is so pretty, for a guy :wink:

Angie is pretty as always.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Diane,

Laura is looking so beautiful! I am sure she is so happy now & adjusting wonderfully, too. :D
Dozer is your new tortoise now? That is really cool.
Your entire gang looks great.

Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That picture of Laura looking at Dozer, then looking back at you "what the heck is this funny thing, Mom, what does it do? It's not a beardie, so strange!"

Love all the pics, all three look so happy.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Laura and Dozer, my goodness, she's stunning and Dozer is absolutely adorable, I love reptiles and amphibians. Glad they're both settling well.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Wasn't that look on her face too funny? :mrgreen: They like watching him walk around. In fact, I had Angie out with him & then Laura out with him, all was fine which makes it easier for Josh when I'm not here. Laura & Angie were out running around (only the 2nd time) together yesterday. They kept watching each other but each headed in different directions so at least Laura didn't do the head bobbing, foot stomping & attempt to charge this time. :)

Angie & Laura were not happy campers today as I had had 5 days off so they were pouting since I went back to work today. Angie wouldn't even let Paul give her kisses before her afternoon nap when he came home for lunch. :roll: Laura walked around some according to Josh but didn't run with her scorpion tail like she did when I was here yesterday. She didn't eat as much either & Angie picked at a few greens but that was it. Dozer tried to push the coat closet, at least he thought he could. :lol: He had already snuggled into his hide and was already asleep when I got home & the other 2 were waiting to be put to bed too. So, I didn't get to spend any time with my reptile buddies today. :( Wednesdays are always the hardest for them, should be a little easier tomorrow.

Thanks for all the nice remarks you all made. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esh8901
Top Bottom