Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you. She does have bright coloring. It's amazing how unique all their personalities are, no 2 the same. I think that is what has fascinated me the most about having beardies for so long. Thanks for looking.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Not much going on, all still sleeping more than usual but most of the time they eat a little something daily. None of the beardies are showing much interest in greens right now even though I have been offering their favorites & even changing them around some. Loki loves cactus fruit though, the only one that will eat it. Dozer sure eats LOTS of greens, his favorite is dandelion. Can't wait to let him feast on plants outside IF spring ever gets here.

Thought I would post a few pictures.

Angie still fascinated by the Christmas lights.
4097-1773745860.jpg
full

full

"No, I promise I won't hide under the tree skirt." But, she did lol.
full

Laura still isn't too sure about the flash, either that or I was keeping her awake by taking pictures.
full

full

full

The head tilt always melts me.
full

Dozer on Josh's shoulder. He loves attention and is doing very well.
full

He's definitely a male.
full

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Look at them all, but where's Loki, sleeping? Angie and her lights, she's so funny. Are you going to keep the lights up longer for Her Majesty's enjoyment :lol:

Laura's colours sure pop and she's doing so well with you. I love the head tilt, too.

And look at Dozer on Josh's shoulder, such a cutie & sure has fit right in!

Great pictures, Diane!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Angie is so cute with her fascination of Christmas tree lights. I wonder if she'll go straight into brumation as soon as you take all of the decorations down.

Laura's colors are just amazing. I can't get over how bright she is. And yes, her head tilt is precious.

Awww, Dozer is a snuggler! That is wonderful! Maybe he's a reincarnation of Buddy.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb. Loki is quite lazy & spends a lot of time with Josh. I don't take many pics of him because he thinks the flash is EVIL. :lol: When he's in the living room, he doesn't move around much either.

I was planning on taking the tree down today while Angie was sleeping but didn't get to it. Laura's 100 watt basking bulb blew so I had to go to Pet Smart for a new one and make some adjustments by moving light around so it wasn't too hot. You know how long it takes getting the right temps. :roll: So, Angie & Laura get to enjoy the tree another week. Once the tree is down, I will plug in the blue sparkly ball for her, hopefully that will help. Gina, I don't think Angie will totally brumate, she has continued to be active in the mornings right along but is ready for her nap about 12:00. When Paul comes home for lunch, she knows it's naptime but waits for a kiss from him before going to sleep. :p

Laura even has beardie boobs now lol. She eats a lot about every other day. Still working on greens though. In fact, none of them are eating hardly any greens at all now.

Yes, Dozer has fit right in. Today I was hand feeding him some dandelion greens. I have to be sure to keep my fingers out of the since he eats through the stem like it doesn't exist, quite a powerful beak he has. He sure likes attention and being a part of things. Maybe Dozer IS a reincarnation of Buddy, that's a nice thought. :D Yes Esther, you should give a turtle or tortoise a try, they really are neat creatures!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I love the pictures of Laura, shes so pretty in her color. Angie, if closer could have been welcome to have climbed my tree, and to look at all the lights with Emmett. Angie tickles me with her fascination with lights like that, the pictures are just to cute. Can we say cuteness overdose with her. Dozer is cute.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So Diane, I used the new uploader & it worked so well. Guess I don't have to bother with Photobucket anymore! I can cancel the extra storage I had with them, too!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Tonja, I'll bet Angie would have loved climbing your pretty Christmas tree & checking out the lights with Emmett. Bet they would have wanted to climb to the very top too. :lol: Her fascination with lights & other things is a lot of fun. Paul says she's like a toddler. :D Thanks for checking out the pictures. :wink:

Yes Deb, isn't the new uploader amazing? Hopefully soon he will enable a bulk uploader which will save even more time. 8)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey sis, loved the pics, unfortunately Angie would hate my house because our puppy chewed the xmas lights.

Laura's colors pop so I agree with that. I love the name Loki by the way.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Kami, thanks for checking in. Oh dear, sorry to hear your puppy chewed your lights, hope he was ok. You're right, Angie would NOT have been happy about that. :lol:

Yes, Laura is very colorful. She hasn't shed since we got her just before Thanksgiving. The top of her head is getting a little grayish so perhaps her head will have even more colors popping.

I guess the name Loki has gotten quite popular for a beardie. I still like the name too.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I had a gerbil named Loki, such a sweet guy. Acted like a rat, sitting on my shoulder, would hold a conversation, wanted out most of the day.

But he left me with Thor, which is fine but he keeps to himself. Not a real talkative guy.

Loki is a pretty popular name like Smaug. I read on two Loki's and five Smaugs LOL. Sorry about the gerbil rant, it's a dragon forum. Hope you didn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom