Is this urate and stool normal?!?!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Is this urate and stool normal?!?!

Postby Maddy5150 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi new beardie mom here! Ziggy just pooped and idk if it's a normal one or not also the urate is predominantly white but at the end a bit yellow. [Click image to enlarge]
Maddy5150
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is this urate and stool normal?!?!

Postby Claudiusx » Sun May 24, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi,

The urate looks about normal, the poo looks a little odd. But, that's poo, it can be odd sometimes ha.

If it's not accompanied by other signs of illness, and if it's only a one off thing, not much mind needs to be paid to it :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby Maddy5150 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Thank you for the reply!! I think he's ok but I'm terrified that something will go wrong! I'm a brand new beardie owner so I have lots of questions and fears like sometimes his eyes seem droopy but then other times they look fine, sometimes he gets really flat but then like 5 minutes later he's looking normal also he is brown and Grey with some yellow is that normal color?
Maddy5150
Hatchling Poster

Postby NorbertTheBeard » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

Maddy5150 wrote:Thank you for the reply!! I think he's ok but I'm terrified that something will go wrong! I'm a brand new beardie owner so I have lots of questions and fears like sometimes his eyes seem droopy but then other times they look fine, sometimes he gets really flat but then like 5 minutes later he's looking normal also he is brown and Grey with some yellow is that normal color?

When they go flat it’s called Pancaking, witch means their soaking up as much heat as possible. Also, yes his colors are normal.
NorbertTheBeard
Newbie Poster

Postby Maddy5150 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:52 am

NorbertTheBeard wrote:
Maddy5150 wrote:Thank you for the reply!! I think he's ok but I'm terrified that something will go wrong! I'm a brand new beardie owner so I have lots of questions and fears like sometimes his eyes seem droopy but then other times they look fine, sometimes he gets really flat but then like 5 minutes later he's looking normal also he is brown and Grey with some yellow is that normal color?

When they go flat it’s called Pancaking, witch means their soaking up as much heat as possible. Also, yes his colors are normal.

Thank you!!
Maddy5150
Hatchling Poster

Postby SHBailey » Thu May 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Also, I've learned not to be to surprised by anything that comes out of a beardie's rear end, as long as it's not obviously blood or parasites. They seem to be able to produce a whole rainbow of different kinds of poop and urates, and still be healthy. :wink:
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Maddy5150 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:34 pm

SHBailey wrote:Also, I've learned not to be to surprised by anything that comes out of a beardie's rear end, as long as it's not obviously blood or parasites. They seem to be able to produce a whole rainbow of different kinds of poop and urates, and still be healthy. :wink:

Haha that's a funny way to look at it I guess your right 😂😂
Maddy5150
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER