What is the best tank

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

What is the best tank

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 am

I want some opinions on the best tank or enclosure. I have had some trouble with finding one :banghead:
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What is the best tank

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am

My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it. As far as commercial options go, at the moment I like the Zen Habitat enclosures best for cost/quality. They pack flat so they are easier and cheaper to ship.
CooperDragon

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 am

I like my Zen Habitat as well ---- cost has gone up since I bought mine back in Dec but they have also added things like a different flooring as to what mine came w/ which was the bamboo floor- I also did not get the substrate shield in mine as I use slated ceramic tile-- there are other places listed on this board under the enclosures board -- it gives a list of places to buy from --- check that out
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 pm

CooperDragon wrote:My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it. As far as commercial options go, at the moment I like the Zen Habitat enclosures best for cost/quality. They pack flat so they are easier and cheaper to ship.

Lol i do not know how to build a tank
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Moved by Moderator from Introductions to Enclosures
claudiusx

Postby MrSpectrum » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:37 am

CooperDragon wrote:My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it.

+1 I'm going with 5' x 2' x 2'
BeardedDragonSteve wrote:Lol i do not know how to build a tank

This guy will sell you a kit--precut--that you can assemble with few tools. He doesn't include the glass (he's had experience with it breaking in shipping) but provides the size of glass you'll need, which can be gotten locally. It also comes with some extras--see the site & video.
https://talkingserpents.com/product/d-i-y-reptile-enclosure-kit-48w-x-24d-x-24h/
He also has a YT channel, and a video about this kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRZ_rnrKcA

Disclaimer:
Not an endorsement. I've never done business with this company, nor do I have any connection--just passing along a source I found while searching for myself.
MrSpectrum
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures