What UVB should I use?

Beardie name(s)
Emeril
I have a 40-gallon kit which I know isn't the best idea but I had done some research and only used what I could. I mostly bought it for the tank and I want to replace the UVB fixture because I know they aren't the best. Any recommendations?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 40-gallon kit which I know isn't the best idea but I had done some research and only used what I could. I mostly bought it for the tank and I want to replace the UVB fixture because I know they aren't the best. Any recommendations?
There are 3 that are recommended -- I will post 3 of them all 24" length that will go into a 120 gallon in the future
Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want this one 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one
you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above 22" Reptisun -- you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
when you get the UVB please post back on here the screen on the tank will determine where it needs to go and distanced

Emerilthedragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emeril
Thank you! I have heard a lot about the Arcadia Pro so that is one I thought about, do you have a preference?
There are 3 that are recommended -- I will post 3 of them all 24" length that will go into a 120 gallon in the future
Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want this one 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one
you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above 22" Reptisun -- you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
when you get the UVB please post back on here the screen on the tank will determine where it needs to go and distanced

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, both brands are very good. I have used both, & they have balanced UVB ro UVI readings.
I use the Metal Halide light in combination for some UVB & basking, along with a T5 tube. I have a
large tank so it can accommodate the lighting.
Show pictures once you have it all set up!

Tracie

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Some I would recommend are:
- High Intensity Self-Ballasted Light for Bearded Dragons by Tekizoo
Description: Combo UVA/UVB with a compact size. Compatible with most sizes and types of vivariums. Requires very specific positioning.

-ReptSun 10.0 UVB Reptile Lamp by Zoo Med
Description: Output is 10% UVB and 30% UVA, considered by many pet owners to be ideal. Compact, reliable and durable. It comes in a choice of sizes to suit your tank.

-Compact 70 Watt Mercury Vapor Bulb by Mega-Ray
Description: Efficient, effective, very compact and long-lasting UVA/UVB bulb, all of which makes it a high quality choice.

-Bearded Dragon UVB Fluorescent Bulb 18 Inch by Zilla
Description: Powerful and consistent full-range lighting, which many owners claim makes for a more active and happier dragon. Emits all the UVA and UVB you need for an average of 3,500 hours of bulb life. One of the longest lasting choices. This one is a long bulb, so it’s not compact. It’s meant to be used in fluorescent fixtures for larger tanks.

-100 Watt UVA/UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb for Reptiles by Evergreen Pet Supplies
Description: Dual light that is known for reliability. Compatible with different sizes of vivariums and set-ups. This one isn’t compact, so not for the smaller tanks of babies.

Hope this has helped you. Sorry but for some reason when I pasted the link it wouldn’t work.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom