Best Enclosure for a bearded dragon

Kelseyensley

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ramses
Hello, I am wanting to change my bearded dragon out of her current 120gal PVC tank after she's done being in brumation since I have issues with humidity levels rising in there during the summer + it's super dark since it has black panels. With that being said, what the best terrariums for an adult bearded dragon that is 19in long and almost 2 years old? Like the best material, brand, etc. Wood vs glass vs PVC. Wanted advice from fellow bearded dragon owners. I can't afford and fit anything bigger than a 120gal (48x24x24) terrarium in the current room I have her in unfortunately. Thanks in advance!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I really like the Zen habitats. The bamboo finish looks amazing and is worlds brighter than black pvc.
The window in the back i installed, that panel is normally solid.

Attachments

• 20230921_063716.jpg
    20230921_063716.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230921_181953.jpg
    20230921_181953.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 34

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That looks amazing! Do you recommend the original wood or meridian wood?
The difference in the original and the meridian is in the assembly process. The original has to be tapped together with a rubber mallet, the meridian is hinged and bolts together. It comes with the bolts and Allen wrenches to put it together. It can be assembled or disassembled in 15 minutes or less once you see how it works. Personally I prefer the meridian.
Zen habitats have great videos on YouTube or their site to show you how to assemble it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I also recommend getting the mat that fits it from them. It's by far the easiest thing I've used to clean poop off of. It's nice and thick also and doesn't soak through like other stuff I've used.

Kelseyensley

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ramses
I also recommend getting the mat that fits it from them. It's by far the easiest thing I've used to clean poop off of. It's nice and thick also and doesn't soak through like other stuff I've used.
Yes! I currently own the mat and love it. I think i bought the one for the “original”, do you think it will still fit fine in the meridian terrarium?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom