Thermostats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
88016-560925049.jpg

This is how the 2 probes look. Both in the same place so i thought would both read the same.
Strange. X

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which model did you get? I'm not sure why there are two probes for the same spot. Since most of them appear to be analog (just turning the dial to set temp) there may be a slight range in temps between what it's reading and what it's set to.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry ive confused you lol. 1 probe is for the thermostat but the other probe is from my digital thermometer.

Ive set the thermostat but wanted to check the temps were right so im measuring them with my digital thermometre. So the thermostat is set at 33c on the dial but the digital thermometre is giving me a reading of 37.7.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
88016-8103795773.jpg

So this is how the thermostat is set an you can see the dial is at 33c but my digital thermometre reads 37.7

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah OK. It's possibly a combination of accuracy of the digital thermometer and having the thermostat set to stay within a range as I mentioned. Perhaps setting the thermostat at 33 will tell it to keep the temps between 30 and 36 and the margin of error is 2 or some combination. The user manual for the model you're using might show what the range is set to by default. You could also double check the accuracy of your digital thermometer by putting it in an ice water bath which should read 0.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The B1HT manual doesn't specify what the temperature range is by default (it may not have one). Usually thermostats have a built in range that sits around your setting. One main reason for this is so that it isn't constantly turning your heat source on and off which could damage your light/heatmat/etc. The thermostat I have on my chest freezer (beer cooler) is set to keep it within a range of +/- 3 degrees (adjustable) so that it isn't constantly turning the compressor on and off which could damage it.

If you check the accuracy of your digital thermometer, you could tweak the setting on your thermostat to compensate.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh and what does every1 do with their wires? Its like spaghetti junction at the back of my viv ???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mine just run down to the battery unit below the tank so it doesn't get too messy. You could use zip ties or twist ties to pull them together a bit though. That's the common way of doing it with computer wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom