- Beardie name(s)
I have just "finished" my setup (4x2x2 vivarium) and wanted to know if there were any recommendations on improvements for a baby Beardie?
- Are my temperatures OK?
- Hot Side: 39c / 102.2f (the basking spot is hotter as the finish on the 3d background holds the heat much like a slate tile)
- Middle: 33c / 91.4
- Cold Side: 29c / 84.2
- For those with thermostats with a ramp up time, is 30 mins a sane amount?
- Currently I am using two 100w basking lights (on dimmers) above the vivarium with relatively small domes 140mm, would it make more sense to replace with one 210mm dome?
- The 3d background means the T5 12% covers more than 3/4 of the vivarium. The UV meter doesn't get higher than 6 for anywhere the Beardie can bask and on the floor of the enclosure it measures between 1-2. There are also leaves, a tunnel and two hides at the bottom if needed. At the moment he is out all day so I'm hoping this is not an issue.
- Currently it is not cool enough to require night time heating but I have a CHE bulb I need to fit for windows, where would you recommend adding it?
- All the way in the corner (where a basking light already exists)
- The other side of the UVB light (opposite the one above)
- In the middle of the enclosure (where the second basking light already exists)