You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":88048 said:
...When you have the choice between watching Narnia, Holes, and the Sandlot and (of course!) you choose Holes because there are beardies in it.
...When you start squealing when the beardies come on.
...When you start screaming when the ranger guy shoots the beardie. No reaction when he shoots at the people.
...And your friends think you are crazy. Hyperventilating over a kid's movie.

:laughhard:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
.... You're more excited to drive to the "worm" farm than you are to drive to visit your sister at her farm :shock:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you make dinner plans that look like the following:
Friday: Cabbage, carrot greens, yellow squash
Saturday: Carrot greens, butternut squash, chopped carrots
Sunday: Dandelion greens, frozen mixed veggies, chopped strawberry
Monday: Cabbage, chopped strawberry, chopped grapes, butternut squash
:p Like I'd be eating things that healthy!
(Going on vacation for 4 days; the 4 salads listed above are each in saran-wrapped bowls in the fridge for the neighbor to give Budo.)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
herpfreak":81f6a said:
...When you have the choice between watching Narnia, Holes, and the Sandlot and (of course!) you choose Holes because there are beardies in it.
...When you start squealing when the beardies come on.
...When you start screaming when the ranger guy shoots the beardie. No reaction when he shoots at the people.
...And your friends think you are crazy. Hyperventilating over a kid's movie.

....I love it!!!!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
.... when you're taking a drive through the mountains and instead of enjoying the scenery, you look at all of the rock formations and envision your beardies basking on them.

Willa

Hatchling Member
When you go shopping for two legged family members and all you come home with is beardie stuff and your broke :D Guilty :oops:

oh dear,, I think I have caught what ever it is with these little dragons. Iv only had him a little over a week. Iv lost sleep over having the wrong things for him, have spent way way to much money (dont tell my husband Please), a cricket ran across the living room floor last night ( i laughed, son chased, husband glaired dog ran around chasing son and cricket), we're going shopping at the pet store later for new stuff for the bigger tank (more money!! I'll have to cut back some were else) im rearanging our living room today so my little Grocho has a better spot so we can play with him more and he can get better light and last but not least I have alread bought the right seeds to plant all the goodies in the garden so his food can be fresh and no bad spray on it. He alread has become part of the family.

ok one more thing....you know you live with a beardie when you read the post and post something about them and end up burning the Tapioca you were cooking for your family...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
lesleyhersom":996c5 said:
ok one more thing....you know you live with a beardie when you read the post and post something about them and end up burning the Tapioca you were cooking for your family...
Don't worry your family will get use to it. :lol:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
fresnowitte":a9edb said:
lesleyhersom":a9edb said:
Don't worry your family will get use to it. :lol:

Yeah.....Barbara should know! :laughhard:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
lesleyhersom":d11d2 said:
oh dear,, I think I have caught what ever it is with these little dragons. Iv only had him a little over a week. Iv lost sleep over having the wrong things for him, have spent way way to much money (dont tell my husband Please), a cricket ran across the living room floor last night ( i laughed, son chased, husband glaired dog ran around chasing son and cricket), we're going shopping at the pet store later for new stuff for the bigger tank (more money!! I'll have to cut back some were else) im rearanging our living room today so my little Grocho has a better spot so we can play with him more and he can get better light and last but not least I have alread bought the right seeds to plant all the goodies in the garden so his food can be fresh and no bad spray on it. He alread has become part of the family.

Love it! Welcome to the addiction! One of our cats is an excellent cricket hunter we have a picture of her sitting staring at the cricket keeper ("Come to me my pretties!") Unfortunately, she had to become an outdoor cat and now it's D and I who get to chase the crickets... we probably look so funny. Watching TV... ooh! There's a cricket! One of us dives for it and the other one stands backup lolol hey that's 10 cents! And at 30-50 cricks a day with 2 beardies that adds up!

flirtycuddle

Juvie Member
U know ur a beardie slave when the guy ur dating knows you are almost out of worms for the baby bearded and on his way over that day goes out of his way and picks you up a can of phoneix worms without thinking of it.

I had a cup that my baby went through in 2.5 days so I mentioned i was almost out of worms to him over the phone. Next thing I knew he shows up 2 hours later (while i am napping with the kids) with a cup of phoneix worms. Once I finally woke up fully I walk out of my room to find him hand feeding the baby bearded dragon the new worms even though I had just fed her 15 2 hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom