You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie parents":26ppm9gm said:
YKYLWBW:

you put a sweatshirt on, even tho it makes you sweat, because you've been out all day with your beardies and it's late and they obviously want to sleep and need something to cover their eyes and that's all you have with you for that purpose.
Such a good slave :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, aren't I tho! I prefer to call it this: "such a good mommie" We were on a dirt road that was rather bumpy and I saw their heads bouncing just a little and they were trying to sleep when the sun wasn't down far enough. I realized my girls needed/wanted to hide and sleep and I had my sweatshirt in case I needed it.

Zookimer

I dont know if this counts , because I'm getting mine tomorrow, but i have this;
I think you know you're getting your first beardie when someone calls you pregnant with a lizard... And you reply back "If this is pregnant with a lizard, I dont wanna see a baby!"
Was anyone else like that?

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
KYLWBW

You spend a wonderful day out with your S/O and the highlight is finding the Asian market that sells Dandelion and a number of other beardie salad items. :lol:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
You know your living with a beardie when:
- You ask your friend, who can sew, to cut up a receiving blanket into 4 and whip stitch the cut edges with a sewing machine so that the little blankets won't fray!
- The first thing on your grocery list is crickets and people see the list!
- you're talking about your beardie and people think your talking about kids!
- your dragon eats better than you do!
- people see you picking pieces of shedded skin off your clothes. Somehow some of the skin sticks to certian tops I wear. Go figure! :lol:

I was at a Salvation Army store on the weekend buying stuffed toys and the receiving blanket for Draco and the saleslady said to me "Oh your baby (human) is just going to love the toys". I don't have any babies. You should have seen the looks I got when I told her it was for my lizard, not a human child!! :laughhard:

Edit:
I forgot one -
- when you set up play dates with your niece and her son and their dragon Spike so the dragons can play together. I'll have to wait though cause Spike is small enough to be a snack for Draco! :laughhard:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Dracosmommy":v6pg6lgs said:
- you're talking about your beardie and people think your talking about kids!
I was at a Salvation Army store on the weekend buying stuffed toys and the receiving blanket for Draco and the saleslady said to me "Oh your baby (human) is just going to love the toys". I don't have any babies. You should have seen the looks I got when I told her it was for my lizard, not a human child!! :laughhard:

A few years ago I was at a local bird show/display and I was talking to a lady about my girls. She says "Oh, have you registered them for school?" Or maybe "are you going to register them for school. At first I didn't know why she would think I would want to register my two bearded dragons for school and I didn't say anything for a minute or so. Then I pointed to the one I had on my chest and said "them". :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie parents":1018kpr4 said:
A few years ago I was at a local bird show/display and I was talking to a lady about my girls. She says "Oh, have you registered them for school?" Or maybe "are you going to register them for school. At first I didn't know why she would think I would want to register my two bearded dragons for school and I didn't say anything for a minute or so. Then I pointed to the one I had on my chest and said "them". :lol:
:laughhard: That's priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom