You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Willa":dc5f0 said:
ooh beardie frig :shock: Good idea :idea: I have just the place for it :!: :!: :blob5:
Yeah, you can get little ones at Target for like $100 that are the perfect size for holding worm cups, a few bags of greens, and a can or two of babyfood. :D

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
When you are calling home to check and make sure everyone has pooed, has fresh veggies, water, and asking how many crickets they have ate.
When your all worried because there has been no poo in days
When your beardies are eating better than you...ops and the kids
When you buying veggies that you would never eat
When you have to rush back home because it's time for beardie bed time and they need there kisses and lights out
When you call your house and the first thing you ask about are you beardies

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
When your beardies are eating better than you...ops and the kids
Guilty! :oops:

...When you leave for a day trip to the movie theater with your school just as the power goes out and you end up being really late because you had to put thermometers in the enclosures (don't trust anyone at home to use my tempgun).
...When you can't focus on the movies because you're worried about your babies getting cold.
...When you call home every hour (praying someone will answer :x ) asking if the power is on and asking what the temps in all the enclosures are.
...When you schedule for a ride home in case it gets too cold and your babies need you. (Yes, I would definitely skip both movies if my babies needed me. I don't trust anybody at home to handle my darling Budo, and they're all too scared to take out the snakes. :roll: With Sangre, I understand, but Cu is the sweetest girl ever to walk the earth.)

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
You tell your parents that when you come home to visit and bring their granddaughter if you've got your dragon by then that they are going to have to make room for a 'travel tank' for the beardie and be ok with the idea of having roaches in the house or you are going to have to cut your visit in half because you can't be away from home for that long.

When you search Craigslist every day for dragon or geckos, not just in your area but the city where you travel to every month thats 5hrs away 'just in case'.

When you are watching a movie and you notice the big piece of styrofoam in the background (instead of watching the movie) and think 'WoW I could make one AWESOME hide/basking area/rock out of that thing for my geckos (dragon)!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
foolsgold":fd1de said:
When you search Craigslist every day for dragon or geckos, not just in your area but the city where you travel to every month thats 5hrs away 'just in case'.
Ditto. Every. Single. Day. Except for me it's just snakes. I don't have room or time for any more lizards. Actually, I found a Brazilian rainbow boa for really cheap the other day. I've been looking for a BRB for ages, but there isn't much available this time of year. If Cu and Budo continue to recover (parasites) at this rate and if Sangre starts eating, I might expand my collection a bit more. :D

Let's not forget Classifieds, too. I check Fauna and Kingsnake pretty regularly.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
...when one of the other members from the site pm's you and tells you that it is in the triple digits where she is at. It is hot and she is miserable! So you tell her to go take a 10-15 minute soak in a tub, due to it being excellent for dehydration, and not to forget to take water in through her vent! :shock: :roll: :lol:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
gulfbrzdawn":22456 said:
...when one of the other members from the site pm's you and tells you that it is in the triple digits where she is at. It is hot and she is miserable! So you tell her to go take a 10-15 minute soak in a tub, due to it being excellent for dehydration, and not to forget to take water in through her vent! :shock: :roll: :lol:

LMAO!!!!!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you are found sitting on the kitchen floor, digging in the cupboards and comparing boxes; graham cracker boxes, kleenex boxes, ziploc bag boxes, etc. What do they have in common? They can all be used for a hide box!
...When graham crackers, kleenex, and ziploc bags are rarely found in their original packages.

...When you have decorated the front of your weekly planner with little "B"s in hearts. You get some weird glances. "You like Brian??" "Of course not. B is for Budo, my son." Then you get some even weirder glances.

...When you and your friends are really bored and you decide to play the "guess what I'm thinking" game, and you are the only one whose thoughts were guessed by everyone in the car. :( :lol: "Beardies, of course!"

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
herpfreak":d1384 said:
...When graham crackers, kleenex, and ziploc bags are rarely found in their original packages.

Guilty! My boyfriend said he is only going to buy me presents in boxes now so I can get twice as excited.

You know your living with beardies when.....
....you start singing absentmindedly whilst feeding the roaches and worms telling them to get big and fat so they can be nom'd, and your partner looks up from his book and says "there is a line Holly. Dont cross the road into crazytown." then returns to his reading.
He may have a point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom