You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
flirtycuddle":b83dd said:
When your 2 yr old son comes running with a cup of worms open saying mommie baby needs food now! and wont stop till you feed the baby at least 15 worms that he helps dig out of the cup. Then 4 hours later comes in to do the whole process again. Hmmmm....he is definatly a slave in training even at 2 lol.

:laughing6: I love it!!!! Might as well start them out young!

laura1231

.....when almost on a weekly basis you have to tell your 4 year old son and on occasion you 17 year old daughter while leaving the pet store that just because the crickets are food that doesn't make it ok to shake them up in their bag and cause a cricket earth quake.

flirtycuddle

Juvie Member
When ur 4 yr old walks by a bug and says mommie I bet Persnickety would love that and then procedes to try and catch it.
when your 2 yr old takes his cousins hermit crab out of its tank and tries to give it to the bearded cuz he thinks the baby needs something to play with
When u spend hours a day hand feeding the new baby just cuz she wont get off her spot to eat and u wont let her go hungry even though u should be doing homework.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
I did this today:

I was in a dead sleep and my mom had come to the couch where i was laying. She was holding Zinger and she said, "OH Zinger, you're so cute!" I shot up and snatched him away, lol.

Last night my grandma thought Zinger was dead because he wasn't responding to her voice and she blew on him and he didn't wake up. I explained that beardies are like humans and you can't wake them up just by talking to them or blowing on them. :lol:

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
It is nearly 80 decrees and sunny out and you drive around in the car with the A/C OFF and the windows rolled UP because you know your beardie will like it. :roll:

MrT":21124 said:
your frighten to put the lights on at night in case it wakes up the beardies

you know you're living with beardies when you're sitting in your bedroom in the dark with a small nightlight because beardie just went to bed! Or you just vacate your room altogether cuz you're scared of waking them! spoiled lil' devils :D

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
when you have seven tabs open and the only one that isn't beardeddragon.org is either your beardie youtube channel, WoW, or your email checking new beardie.org updates!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
haleygirl272":e184b said:
when you have seven tabs open and the only one that isn't beardeddragon.org is either your beardie youtube channel, WoW, or your email checking new beardie.org updates!
Guilty.
Or the beardie's photobucket account.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
You know you're living with beardies when you're helping set up the school carnival (which we get to run this year) and it's chilly with a light breeze, and your station is in the shade, so you mutter to your friends at your station that you're going to go sit on the stone wall and 'bask' so you can warm up. :roll:

Now I just need to figure out how to pancake.... :laughing6:

-- Jacqui

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
When you are rearranging your beardie's tank and you give your sister a big rock and say, "don't drop or scratch this! I will get mad." And the rock is REALLY heavy.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
When you are rearranging your beardie's tank and you give your sister a big rock and say, "don't drop or scratch this! I will get mad." And the rock is REALLY heavy.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
so you mutter to your friends at your station that you're going to go sit on the stone wall and 'bask' so you can warm up.

Ohhh so guilty.

You go to your S.O. and say. I'm cold I'm going into the beardie and birdie room to warm up. Mind you of course they HAVE to come out of the Viv's with you. How else would you get warm?

athenacp

Extreme Poster
You know you're living with beardies when both of your jobs block out pics that are posted on various topics and you forwrd the post to your cell phone and your email at home (if you ever are home to look at them)so you can look at the pics posted!!!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you go to the gym with the family and you keep pestering everybody "Come on, come on, it's almost eight o'clock! I need to feed Budo so he can digest for an hour before his lights go out and then he needs his bath!"
Brother: "Why can't you bathe and feed him in the morning?"
Me: "Because he wants to eat tonight." (No duh!)
Entire family: :roll:

What can I say? I'm a beardie slave through and through. So we got home at 9:30 (just before his lights went out!) :angry5: and I had to reset his light timer so that I could feed him and let him digest and then give him a bath... poor guy was up till 11pm. Now he's fast asleep in a burrito on my lap. And now he's going to sleep in until 11am and then his sleeping schedule will be all off!!! :angry5: (Why my family doesn't understand that is beyond me.)

...When it is summer and you go to bed at 5am and wake up at 3pm but you get yourself up soooooo early at 8am to give the beardie his needed dose of liquid calc and make sure he is basking.

...When you have been on summer break for a while now and there have only been a very few nights when the beardie has slept in his viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom