You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You know you're living with beardies when........

1) The first items every week on your shopping list is greens & squash.

2) When you get home from the grocery store the first thing you do is make your rounds with bug offerings before you put your groceries away.

Ethelia":41567 said:
rockstar1992":41567 said:
when you get excited when you see a good rock! :D

Haha me too!
Guilty! :lol:

3) Or when you use to want to go to the lake so you could go fishing now you'd rather search for a nice piece of drift wood or rock to take home and bake....rather than a fish. :lol:

4) When you never have to buy fishing bait because of all the bugs your raising for your beardies.
Yes I've stolen my beardies food to go fishing before. :oops:

5) When you receive more mail and phone calls from people that own beardies than anyone else.

6) When you have a special phone/address book for beardie friends/contacts....an it has more listing than your regular phone/address book. :lol:

Menolly

Juvie Member
...when you get jealous of your mom because she now gets most of the beardie snuggles because I've started working the closing shift. I miss my snuggles :cry: :cry:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
.... when you're laying in bed and you REALLY have to go to the bathroom, but you don't DARE move because you know that if you do, you'll awake the sleepy dragon.

Ugh, this happened to me yesterday....

-- Jacqui

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":1a579 said:
.... when you're laying in bed and you REALLY have to go to the bathroom, but you don't DARE move because you know that if you do, you'll awake the sleepy dragon.

-- Jacqui

Im guilty, too.

Q: Is your name pronounced Jacky/Jack-ee or zhock-qwi or how is it pronounced?

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":e33b6 said:
jacqui778":e33b6 said:

-- Jacqui

Im guilty, too.

Q: Is your name pronounced Jacky/Jack-ee or zhock-qwi or how is it pronounced?

I pronounce it Jack-ee. But in French it's jacque-ee. I used to spell it Jackie when I was little, but then I changed it to Jacqui because it's the true shortened version of Jacqueline. :wink:

-- Jacqui

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
jacqui778":83148 said:

-- Jacqui

This happened to me just a few short hours ago! The things we'll endure for our dragons... distended bladder and all! :eek: :wink:

The best,
Em

athenacp

Extreme Poster
You sneak out of your day job to run to the nearest pet store to get new basking bulbs for you beardie as the last one you had blew out at 5AM and you had to leave for work at 5:15AM :banghead: (happened to me yesterday)and when you get to work the nearest pet store was 19 miles away :banghead: because you work at an AFB that's in the boonies and you had to sneak out as you still had to drive home 51 miles to make dinner for the hubby and for you and put your beardie to bed because he expects you to put him in his carrier and cover him with his hankie and still be able to drive 17 miles after that to go to your night job to be there at 7PM :banghead: ....but he's a happy beardie this AM!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
athenacp":84e1c said:
put your beardie to bed because he expects you to put him in his carrier and cover him with his hankie and still be able to drive 17 miles after that to go to your night job to be there at 7PM :banghead: ....but he's a happy beardie this AM!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

This I understand... the things we do for our babies :love5:

athenacp":84e1c said:
you still had to drive home 51 miles to make dinner for the hubby and for you

And just WHY didn't hubby make dinner? Considering you had to do all of that driving, just curious :)

That's quite a routine you have there! Do you do this every day? I only work 5 10 hour days and that's exhausting for me. But then again my hubby does the cooking because mine doesn't pass muster :?

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Neromom39":3f665 said:
athenacp":3f665 said:
put your beardie to bed because he expects you to put him in his carrier and cover him with his hankie and still be able to drive 17 miles after that to go to your night job to be there at 7PM :banghead: ....but he's a happy beardie this AM!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

This I understand... the things we do for our babies :love5:

athenacp":3f665 said:
you still had to drive home 51 miles to make dinner for the hubby and for you

And just WHY didn't hubby make dinner? Considering you had to do all of that driving, just curious :)

That's quite a routine you have there! Do you do this every day? I only work 5 10 hour days and that's exhausting for me. But then again my hubby does the cooking because mine doesn't pass muster :?

Hubby cleans the upstairs, the downstairs, the hallway, the staircase, the bathrooms, the kitchen, does the dishes, he vaccums and cleans the vaccuum cleaner afterwards, he does the wash, runs the dryer, folds the clothes and puts his away (and yes he does know how to hang clothes). He is a meticulous cleaner and cleans all the time as if its due for spring/fall cleaning (takes the vents off and vaccumms them out, sometimes takes the cabinets apart and cleans everything in them then cleans and puts the stuff back, etc);he does this because he knows I work 2 full time jobs, the least I could do is cook :)

As for my routine, it's Monday thru Friday, I only have to work one job on Saturday; thankfully that's the closer job, I come home in between jobs also just to see him and Digger as they hardly see me at all 6 days a week. Been doing it for 8 years now, kinda used to it. :banghead:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
athenacp":6f3bd said:
Hubby cleans the upstairs, the downstairs, the hallway, the staircase, the bathrooms, the kitchen, does the dishes, he vaccums and cleans the vaccuum cleaner afterwards, he does the wash, runs the dryer, folds the clothes and puts his away (and yes he does know how to hang clothes).

I dont suppose you rent him out do you? :roll:

Hubby cleans the upstairs, the downstairs, the hallway, the staircase, the bathrooms, the kitchen, does the dishes, he vaccums and cleans the vaccuum cleaner afterwards, he does the wash, runs the dryer, folds the clothes and puts his away (and yes he does know how to hang clothes). He is a meticulous cleaner and cleans all the time as if its due for spring/fall cleaning (takes the vents off and vaccumms them out, sometimes takes the cabinets apart and cleans everything in them then cleans and puts the stuff back, etc);

:shock: i wish my hubby did any of that :lol:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Upon reflection id like to clarify that Im not requesting the prostitution of your husband! :shock:

Think before you type Holly....

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Ethelia":a621c said:
Upon reflection id like to clarify that Im not requesting the prostitution of your husband! :shock:

Think before you type Holly....

Holly....you really need to move to the states....you think way too much like a dirty old American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom