You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":2a9e9 said:
Hey Mr. UPS Man, can't you see.....see if there is a package...a package for me...my babies are waiting so patiently...for their special delivery.....so yeah...please Mr. UPS man can't you see....
HA HA HA! :laughhard: That's awesome! I think I get more excited for a worm delivery to arrive than something I've bought for me. And yes, yes I do sing them to sleep at night. :oops: 8)

Menolly

Juvie Member
dolcedragon":b2b07 said:
HA HA HA! :laughhard: That's awesome! I think I get more excited for a worm delivery to arrive than something I've bought for me. And yes, yes I do sing them to sleep at night. :oops: 8)
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
I DO TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dance with him to if he's in a bad mood. :oops: :headbang:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
fresnowitte":d9b4d said:
Nuts about spoiling them...have over $100 worth of treats on the way....an that's just treats cause I grow my own staple feeders.

Hey Barbara,
What kind of treats are you serving.........I want to come to your house. :wink:

when you sit outside on screen porch with new beardie at 90deg at 6 pm for you not the dragon, excited they are on their hammock, Barbara that is amazing with Zac and Wheezie and their birthday congrat
Beachlizard and Elizabeth (Izzi)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Tatty":1f237 said:
You know you are living with beardies when you engage in baby talk, but you don't have any kids or grandkids.

Tatty :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"My beardies are my kids!"

You beat me to that one Tatty. I'm the same way. I never thought I'd talk baby talk to anything, until Redrock. I didn't talk that way with our first two, just until we got Redrock.

Lori

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You tease one of your kids telling them " I need you to move out so i can use your room as the beardies bedroom" The look i got was :shock: :roll: :| :silent: then :angry5: lmao!

Barbara you can just set all those treats out on the porch for me hehehe *finds the car keys, ninja outfit, flashlight, rubermaid bug tub*

Oh gosh if you have seen any of my videos i baby talk them all just like i did my girls when they were little :oops: :oops:

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Lori - He chuckles and thanks you for your empathy - it's unnerving waking in shock that the dragons might be gone!
I dream a lot about the dragons - I dreamt that I had a houseful of them the other day, all bobbiting and running around. It was awesemo!

... you spend two hours carefully stitching "Tsam" in a blue fluffy towel and "Kyle" in a pink fluffy tile - then you're delighted to discover that Tsam would rather be burritoed than anything else!

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Your housemate who really wasn't sure about them comes up to you and says we need crickets becuase he's worried you might be too 'head deep' into covering your co-workers vacation days to check the containers before you run out.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":eccb8 said:
Hey Mr. UPS Man, can't you see.....see if there is a package...a package for me...my babies are waiting so patiently...for their special delivery.....so yeah...please Mr. UPS man can't you see....

Ms.Barbera, you have the original song in my head now!

Oh Mr.Postman, look and see....Is there a letter in your bag for me....(oh Mr.Postman) I've been waiting a long long time....Since I heard from that friend of mi-- DANGIT!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you have alllll your finals, plus a major orchestra concert, two major recitals, and an important orchestra audition coming up in the next month and for two hours after you get home you do not study or practice; you head straight for the beardie. My priorities are in order.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":9a418 said:
...When you have alllll your finals, plus a major orchestra concert, two major recitals, and an important orchestra audition coming up in the next month and for two hours after you get home you do not study or practice; you head straight for the beardie. My priorities are in order.

Yes, I am getting ready to test for my second degree recommended black belt and yet, I still gaven't studied. Zinger snuggles are just too tempting! And can you believe what I did? I took Zinger's bed and let him sleep up on my loft bed next to me last night! This is something I vowed I would never do, as I have always been worried that he may fall off and hurt/kill himself. Oh Zinger, you wear me out.....

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":e8ca7 said:

Glad to hear it!!!! Good slave :whip:

... when you clean under the very small bookshelf you never thought about cleaning under when you vacuumed before, because your poor baby came out so covered in cobwebs you crack up because it's cute but you feel bad for not cleaning all the hiding spots.
Twitchbookshelf-1.jpg

sorry, Twitch. I assure you all, it's clean now, and she falls asleep under it at least 3 times a week

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
:shock: posted twice and don't know how to delete. Guess I'm glad I live with beardies cuz I'm glad they can't see this and laugh at me

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
dna14":85563 said:

Like I said, Beardie=Priority shifter.

I constantly get in trouble for blowing stuff off for Zinger. Hey, I can't help it. I am not a slave, but I love my beardy more than or as much as anything or anyone. I love my family equally with Zinger...Or do I??? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom