You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

You know you're living with beardies when...
Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

You know you're living with beardies when...
Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
 

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Menolly":e057c said:
...when you wake up out of a nightmare like that and the first thing you think of to do is just take a peep at your bearded dragon, which does calm you down and make you go awww whose adorable?!?! You are! Giving you the ability to go back to sleep.
Oh yes. All the time. Or, you bring your dragon to bed with you.



You know you're living with beardies when... Someone calls your name and you say "I'm in the bathroom" and the person walks right in, disregarding your privacy, because most of the time you're in the bathroom, you are sitting on the floor, fully clothed, watching a dragon splash around in the tub. (As I am doing now.)
 

Menolly

Juvie Member
herpfreak":3f097 said:
Oh yes. All the time. Or, you bring your dragon to bed with you.
He's already claimed a good proportion of my bed for his own sleeping use :roll:

herpfreak":3f097 said:
You know you're living with beardies when... Someone calls your name and you say "I'm in the bathroom" and the person walks right in, disregarding your privacy, because most of the time you're in the bathroom, you are sitting on the floor, fully clothed, watching a dragon splash around in the tub. (As I am doing now.)

Hahah...and when the door is locked they demand you open it because they want to get a look at the swimming dragon...you know your house is full of slaves when you have no privacy even in the bathroom... :roll:
...when your dad gets mad at you because he always misses bath time, he is still a non believer that Rael can swim and actually enjoys it.
 

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
...when you leave a wedding early saying you need to "turn in the little ones". A newly made aquaintance says "goodness you are too young to have children!" You then explain that you meant your lizards and the woman gives you "the look" and ushers her children away from you hastily.
 

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
You know you're living with beardies when....

you get called to the school nurse privately, and when you get there, she tells you that several students have reported strange scratches on your arms, near your wrists, and if there is something you need to tell her, tell her now. She points out the scratches in question, and you launch into beardie-education mode.

"Well, you see, Mrs. _____, I own a lizard, and his name is Reggie. He gave me all these scratches because he always tries to climb up my arm to get to my hair, and his nails are sharp because he won't let me cut them. Have I mentioned he's a dragon? Yes, he's a bearded dragon. He eats...."

-- Jacqui (actual experience, by the way)
 

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
TheDragonKeepers":665b8 said:
Dear me, the butters from the ear made me laugh so much. I'm sorry, but that was such a weird visual...

My partner had an all out shouty nightmare a few months back, because he was dreaming someone had stolen the dragons from their tanks. He woke up quite upset and we had to go check they were still there. Bless him. (Shortly followed by another "theif" nightmare a few days later - we had to check the whole house carrying airsoft guns until he was happy. Fortunately this doesn't happen often, the lizards would get grumpy!)

I also sat on the carpet the other day and discovered a superworm trying to tunnel through the thick pile. I must have dropped it in a tank and forgot to shut the door whilst the lizards were out.

I have these nightmares, too often. I hate them.

Lori
 

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
jacqui778":665a8 said:
You know you're living with beardies when....

you get called to the school nurse privately, and when you get there, she tells you that several students have reported strange scratches on your arms, near your wrists, and if there is something you need to tell her, tell her now. She points out the scratches in question, and you launch into beardie-education mode.

"Well, you see, Mrs. _____, I own a lizard, and his name is Reggie. He gave me all these scratches because he always tries to climb up my arm to get to my hair, and his nails are sharp because he won't let me cut them. Have I mentioned he's a dragon? Yes, he's a bearded dragon. He eats...."

-- Jacqui (actual experience, by the way)


Better that then having to tell them something else.
 

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
You guys aren't good for me!

I had my first roach dream last night. :shock:

Thanks a lot, guys. *beardie death glare*





You know you're living with beardies when...
...you want a cookie someone else has, and when the puppy face doesn't work, you resort to the beardie death glare.
...and you get the cookie! :D
 

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
herpfreak":90381 said:
You know you're living with beardies when...
...you want a cookie someone else has, and when the puppy face doesn't work, you resort to the beardie death glare.
...and you get the cookie! :D

LOL. Do you actually turn your back and then look behind you to achieve the proper death glare stance? I've got an 8 year old in the house... I NEVER get the cookie! I WANT the cookie. I NEED details! :mrgreen:

Today I received three beardie death glares (bathtime, new container), and three bum wiggles (evening snuggle). I guess I broke even? :dontknow:

The best to all, and I LOVE this thread. When I need a lift, I come in a read a few posts and always smile and often, LOL.

Thanks!
Em
 

Freeie

Extreme Poster
jacqui778":aeab4 said:
You know you're living with beardies when....

you get called to the school nurse privately, and when you get there, she tells you that several students have reported strange scratches on your arms, near your wrists, and if there is something you need to tell her, tell her now. She points out the scratches in question, and you launch into beardie-education mode.

"Well, you see, Mrs. _____, I own a lizard, and his name is Reggie. He gave me all these scratches because he always tries to climb up my arm to get to my hair, and his nails are sharp because he won't let me cut them. Have I mentioned he's a dragon? Yes, he's a bearded dragon. He eats...."

-- Jacqui (actual experience, by the way)

Wow that happened to my daughter too!! They called me at home because they were worried she was cutting herself.... I told them they could do a home visit. They said it wasnt nessary lol I think she was just scared lol

When you say its vacume day and the hubby says "make sure you don't suck Lexia up"

I use the vacume to suck out all the dried veggies and shead. Its much better than me trying to whipe it all out takes to long lol
 

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You know your living with beardies when......your invited to a BBQ an you comment to this person but I don't have a babysitter....and they look at you very confused as the only child still living at home is your 12 year old son and he is invited too.
 

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
fresnowitte":c6797 said:
You know your living with beardies when......your invited to a BBQ an you comment to this person but I don't have a babysitter....and they look at you very confused as the only child still living at home is your 12 year old son and he is invited too.

Barbara...I think that's when you tell the 12 year old that he gets to stay at home and babysit! :shock: :lol:
 

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
gulfbrzdawn":148ce said:
Barbara...I think that's when you tell the 12 year old that he gets to stay at home and babysit! :shock: :lol:
Yeah! Except the BBQ was a Birthday Party for my 7 year old grandson. Poor Richard gets stuck watching them all of the time I couldn't cheat him out of his nephews Birthday Party.
 

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
You know you're living with beardies when the terms pancake, beard, death glare, and sexy legs have a whole new meaning for you. :D :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
156,022
Messages
1,256,909
Members
76,030
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom