You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Your oldest daughter tells you she had a terrible nightmare last night..... and then proceeds to describe how in her dream, I sold all the furniture, all their belongings and everything else in the house and bought dollhouses for the beardies complete with tv's, video games, spa's, pools, clothes and shoes.... as well as sofas, beds and whatever else they needed to live in luxury!

My son was furious that he had no video games, but there was Tazzy happily playing video games in his beautiful new home... Sunny was flipping channels on his new big screen TV, and Astarte was sunning herself by the pool while Eragon swam!

Jen says she HATED that dream!! LOL :shock: :roll: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Uh... you all dont think I would go THAT far... do ya? :roll: :wink:

HUGS!

Sandi

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
. . . you dreamt about pulling butters out of your ear, and the more you pulled (with a tweezer, of course), the more worms crawled out.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
I have reoccuring nightmares about crickets. In my dream, here's what happens:

Im sitting in the garage. Suddenly, I am possesed and cannot control my actions. There are two lawnmowers in the dark, dingy corners of the garage. My friends are in a circle having a beer. (No I don't drink, this is a dream) My mom and dad are in the circle, too. I am laying on the floor and clawing the cement ground as an unknown force drags me to the corner. I scream and claw but everyone just looks at me. I am drug to the corner where thousands of crickets, mangled and missing legs, all crawl on me. I am in sandals and feel them all crawling on my feet and the wet sticky guts as I crush each of them. Then, a dead cricket with its legs folded descends from the celieng. this cricket is HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!! It is coming down on my as I scream in terror. I can feel the crunchy crickets crawling on me and my tears are hot and sticky on my cheeks as the huge cricket descends. Everyone is just looking at me and yelling, "GET UP!" But I cannot because, like I said, I'm possesed by something and can only partialy control my actions.

I have awoken many a' nights in a cold sweat after having this dream. I HATE IT!!!! :(

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
OMG!!!!! That IS a nightmare!!!! UGH!!!!

You poor thing!!!!! Maybe you should switch to a different feeder?

HUGS!

Sandi

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
TazzysMamma":528e3 said:
OMG!!!!! That IS a nightmare!!!! UGH!!!!

You poor thing!!!!! Maybe you should switch to a different feeder?

HUGS!

Sandi

I have switched to phoenix worms and it helps. But we can't always order a feeder and every time we get superworms, he gets impacted. I always end up having to feed him crickets. Breeding them is out of the question because if I do, I will freak out at dead ones..... I hate dead bugs. Live, they're ok. (except crickets)

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I agree, I love dubias. Easy to breed, easy to keep. Crickets smell, make noise, and die. Dubias don't smell, don't make noise, and are pretty much indestructable. Except for the dragons, of course.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":287fa said:
TazzysMamma":287fa said:
What about Dubias?

Mom won't allow it. tried..

Darn - maybe she doesnt realize that they are SO much less yucky than crickets. A month ago, "I" would have said NO! But believe me, Ive changed my mind!!!

HUGS to you!!!!

Sandi

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
....when you read posts about other members having wicked nightmares of crickets crawling on them and butters coming out of there ears...so you have a talk with your beardie and inform her she is now a strict vegan, because you can't stand the thought of having nightmares of superworms dancing on you or slithering out of any orphus of your body! :bleick:

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Dear me, the butters from the ear made me laugh so much. I'm sorry, but that was such a weird visual...

My partner had an all out shouty nightmare a few months back, because he was dreaming someone had stolen the dragons from their tanks. He woke up quite upset and we had to go check they were still there. Bless him. (Shortly followed by another "theif" nightmare a few days later - we had to check the whole house carrying airsoft guns until he was happy. Fortunately this doesn't happen often, the lizards would get grumpy!)

I also sat on the carpet the other day and discovered a superworm trying to tunnel through the thick pile. I must have dropped it in a tank and forgot to shut the door whilst the lizards were out.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, yes, I have had plenty of beardie nightmares. Especially after I read the article in the April issue of Reptiles Magazine with all those graphic pics of mouthrot and scalerot. :(

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Ick! To derail from the grossness so I don't feel like I'm crawling with bugs...

You know you're living with beardies when you do a double-take before rolling around in your computer chair (to avoid squished dragon!)

Menolly

Juvie Member
...when you wake up out of a nightmare like that and the first thing you think of to do is just take a peep at your bearded dragon, which does calm you down and make you go awww whose adorable?!?! You are! Giving you the ability to go back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom