Time to determine fertile?

jabda

Hatchling Member
OK, last month one of my females laid (24) for her 1st clutch. Infertile no male.
Today she laid (31) eggs with a boyfriend in her cage prior. Today's clutch, she seem a little more protective after she laid, plus the eggs are formed better.
We placed them in an incubator a few hours after the lay.
My question is what is the time frame to determine fertile or infertile.
Read patience is the key. (2) weeks is the time.
Figured someone has experience with this breeding cycle.
My (2) females have laid a total of (94) eggs.
Don't know if we can handle all these eggs if fertile!!!
Thanks

Attachments

• 31.JPEG
    31.JPEG
    159.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 31b.JPG
    31b.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 33

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
@AHBD might be the best to ask, or @Claudiusx
I think though if fertile you should see the red ring of life straight away. Use a small light to candle light and look. Mark the top of you eggs so you can put them back exactly the same or you run the risk of causing the embryo to seperate from the egg and dieing. Don't handle the eggs much.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should be able to determine if they are fertile pretty much right away. Have you tried candling them? The eggs in your pictures look good, all except the bottom left one which is deflated.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the small pink rink may be seen but if you're not used to finding it [ it can be in different areas ] don't be surprised if you can't see it on every egg. You can try to see the ring but at times even an infertile egg might have a small bloodspot. In about a week or so you will see a pattern of tiny veins branching out from fertile eggs, then you'll know for sure. And as Claudius said, the deflated one will be a slug.

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to All
You should be able to determine if they are fertile pretty much right away. Have you tried candling them? The eggs in your pictures look good, all except the bottom left one which is deflated.

-Brandon
no, haven't "light em' up" yet but will do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom