Won't hand feed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
Idk why he doesn't accept hand fed items but he just doesn't like it. He's taken it a few times but he doesn't often. I guess its not a bad thing just thought ide point that out lol.

carlisv

Hatchling Member
You're probably better off. Richard got so addicted to being handfed that now he's too lazy to chew. I feed him slurries and baby food from a syringe, although he will still eat the occasional handful of shredded squash and snow peas. He'll go after any bug, though - it's just veggies he won't eat out of a dish, the brat.

I hand feed Dubs every now and then, but I definitely don't want him as spoiled as Richard. If you want them to eat out of your hand, just keep trying. Once your baby gets to the point where he eats from your hand, though, just make sure you don't make it a daily occurrance.

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My "little" guy isnt much of a baby at 5 1/2 months and 19 inches lmao. I dont think he's gunna change much lol.

EeveeChan

I don't think it's a bad thing. Just today I finally had my Pogi hand feed. It made me really really happy.
I guess some can be picky.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
It's definitely not a bad thing. Hand-feeding can spoil them into not eating without you feeding them that way. Man, that sounds like it would be a pain, never mind the fact it's not very natural behavior! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom