White Plains Reptile Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
I've been going to the white plains reptile shows for years now and I've loved each one of them. I think it is worth it but I do agree that it does get really crowded and can sometimes be a pain to getting to the front of the venders you want because of all the people, but as of always I will be going to this coming one which will be Jan 24 :mrgreen: !

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
opps :oops: :oops: yea let me correct what I wrote thanks for correcting me I got another show date mixed up ha wow

Lunatic768

yeah i was wondering if this would be worth the drive
sounds like it is
It'll be my first reptile expo
i hope i can make it.....

Lunatic768

Has anybody had any issues with getting a sick reptile at these kinds of show?
somebody warned me recently that the vendors sell you a dying lizard, then leave and you never see them again...

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
We did get screwed by the big vendor on the stage, in the front. Our son bought 2 snakes, 1 refused to eat (ever!) and the other had it's mouth glued shut to conceal an RI!!! We noticed it had refused it's meal but looked like it really wanted to eat! After we got it's mouth open we noticed the bubbles. It died 2 week later. I've heard that vendor sells a lot of wild caught stuff.

Most of the vendors are reputable, most of them have been there for many years.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I bought my last beardie Phoenix from White Plains and she couldnt be any healthier!You have a much better chance at getting a healthy baby beardie from a breeder at a reptile show then from places like petsmart or petco.Breeders know that alot of folks that visit the reptile expos are very informed about reptiles and they are not likely to get sub par animals sold but of course as Dave said there is always the chance that some ***** is gonna try to get away with it.Just make sure your well informed and look at the animal very carefully.Make sure the eyes are clear,the animal is alert,there is no mucous or signs of breathing issues and make sure the animal isn't underweight and you should be ok.

Bellalee

Juvie Member
I also have bought a sick (unknowingly to me ) reptile from a "breeder" there. They were one that sold everything, it was also a fattail gecko. He had worms, and it seemed to be painful.

Lunatic768

actually now that i got my beardie!!!!! i was wondering if this show was good for tortoises
my girlfriend has her heart set on a Greek tortoise
how is the tortoise selection there?

Bellalee

Juvie Member
I've never looked too deeply for tortoises, but I know there is a good amount of shelled things. :mrgreen:

ill be on a voyage there to get the smallest healthiest nicest beardie from the best breeder possible, with my last two beardies i have learned what to look for lol :banghead:

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
BlueS14240sx":c70d4 said:
ill be on a voyage there to get the smallest healthiest nicest beardie from the best breeder possible, with my last two beardies i have learned what to look for lol :banghead:
I'd recommend Sunshine Dragons in the first aisle on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom