Cord around hatchling stomach

Breenie82

Hi everyone
We had 2 babies come out of their eggs with their belly button wrapped around their stomachs. The first one we managed to cut the the cord off of its back and there’s nothing there but a big scar, it has eaten but I’m concerned about its digestive system with how skinny it is where the cord was,
The second one we tried to cut through but couldn’t go any further as it started to show that it was hurting and looks a lot more fresh then the first one, like it happened not long before it hatched.
They’re both very active aswell.
Has anyone had this before?
IMG_3635.jpg
IMG_3634.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible that the one with the cord you were able to remove will live although likely with deformity and will likely need special care. However the other one is likely going to pass. Either way, neither should be sold.

If this becomes something you see out of multiple clutches from the same pairing, you need to stop the breeding pair.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom