Where do you get your dragon names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirakai

I need a name for my new baby bearded dragon. She is citrus with bright orange lines down her back. Anyone know some good websites where I can go to possibly see good dragon names 8) ?

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I use what I'm interested in, which for me are video games. Midna's name is from Legend of Zelda and my sulcata tortoise's name is Bowser (from Super Mario Bros.) I say that you should choose the name from what you enjoy!!! Good luck :wink:

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
Hmmm, I'm one of those people that just knows the right name when I hear it. When we first started researching to get some beardie babies I thought they looked spikey so the name Sprocket popped into my head. My husband thought if we were naming one Sprocket, the other should be Cog. He meant it as a joke but we all liked it so that's who they are...Sprocket & Cog. :D

Good luck finding that perfect name!

Warrior

Hatchling Member
I used a comedy song by 'Flight of the Conchords' called 'Albi the Racist Dragon'.

However, I refrained from saying ''My Dragons name is Albi the Racist Dragon'' because I was getting some pretty bad looks...so now I simply refer to him as 'Albi'

For those unfamiliar with the song, it goes:

In the Marmalade forest
Between the make-believe trees
In a cottage-cheese cottage
Lives Albi, Albi, Albi, Albi, Albi the Racist Dragon...

Part six,
And so, all of the villagers chased Albi the Racist Dragon
Into a very cold, very scary cave,
And it was so cold and so scary in there,
That Albi began to cry...Dragon tears!
Which as we all know turn into Jelly Beans!

At that point he felt a tiny hand rest upon his tail
He turned around and who should that little hand belong too?
But the Badly Burnt Albanian Boy from the day before

"What are you doing here? I thought I killed you yesterday!''
Grumbled Albi, quite racistly...
"No Albi, you didn't kill me with your dragon flames, I crawled to safety
But you did leave me very badly disfigured..."
Laughed the boy.
"Why are you crying so?"
''I'm crying because all of those horrible villagers chased me into this scary cave!
I think its because i'm so racist...get your hand off my tail you'll make it dirty''

"No Albi, its not because of your racism that they chased you here
They chased me here too, when I became all disfigured like this
They just don't like you and I, well...because we're different to them..."

And that made Albi cry a single tear, which turned into a Jelly Bean
All the colours of the Rainbow!
And suddenly, he wasn't racist anymore!

So they sat in the cave and ate bubblegum pie! yum!
Albi the racist...well not anymore!...Draaaagggooonnn!

Ayla

I use Draco off the Dragonheart movie. it was the first dragon movie i saw when i was little. my dad got me to watch it and i loved it :D

Sadona

Juvie Member
I'm big on meaningful names. I like to put the dragons personalities into their names - Solaris is named after our sun (I think its actual name is Sol). I thought it fit his bright, peppy, warm and friendly personality - he is a bit fiery, loves to explore and show the nosy pets whose boss. He has a soft side and loves to cuddle on my chest. He is also very vibrant and orange like the sun.
Elara is named after one of Jupiter's moons. The name just really seemed to click with her, my bf picked it out. It fits her disposition and sweet looks/nature. She can be very squirmy but calms down at night. Her color is soft, but her beard/face is a bright yellow.
I like the astrological names - they sound so different and they have a lot of meaning behind them.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
I got lokis randomly. I was coming up with names left and right which my bf didnt like em but then i said well I also like loki. My bf looked at me and sad with an agrivated face "Loki?" And just like that my beardie turned his head looked at him like "You called"

Brokenwings

Hatchling Member
I took Mr.Lizard cause he's a handsome fellow :D i always picture him with a top hat on his head. My parents call him Porkchop because he's a giant piece of fat meant :p he's too lazy for life hahahaha

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
i took falkor from the luck dragon in neverending story. it was one of my favorite movies growing up and he was fairly whitish when i first got him since he was getting ready for a shed.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
I have a frog named Frog, and another frog named Toad. Shows how creative I am LOL

Normally I go with what fits their personalities best, and what pops into my mind. Sometimes I will use names I like most from shows, games, etc., too. :D

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
We got Gobi's name because beardies come from the desert so we named him Gobi. Bisti was also named for a desert. After Bisti passed and we got Amigo we named him that because he was a friend (amigo) for Gobi. Then when we got Ash yesterday she is this beautiful grey/blue color like ashes so we named her Ash.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
beardies are in the family pogona vitticeps so maybe a play on words like vitti or pogo or poga, pitti, or gottie etc.

ersl12

I named mine George.. after George Harrison because I love the Beatles! I think the best way to find names is either through something you love, or what it reminds you of.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
i like to make up stuff so i have Juuji, or as kat on here likes to say: Juuji Fruit,lol! take a word and just take a few letters out put a few in and wallllahhhhh you have a strange/ unique name.... :D or you can do something that has to do with looks, like Phoenix, when i think of Arizona i think of orange clay, phoenix is orangish how i would imagine AZ, so that explains that one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom