UPDATE: MBD Beardie sadly passed away

brooko

I made a post about 4 months ago about my brother’s bearded dragon with MBD and sadly yesterday she passed away. Not super sure how, she must have been ill but unfortunately my family and i were away on a trip. The people taking care of her said she had stopped eating 4 days before.

We got back home the day before she died, she was looking pretty skinny and shrivelled, we put her in a container lid with shallow water and she drank for a couple minutes then perked right up and started basking in the sun. After we put her back in her enclosure she began looking unwell again so im unsure if she needed a different light. We left her overnight and sadly she had passed.
Her MBD recovery was going super well, I don’t know much about bearded dragons and google gives all sorts of results so I’m not sure exactly what happened in the end so if anyone has ideas on what it could’ve been please let me know.
Thanks to everyone who helped out on my previous post!

She’s a western bearded dragon, 6 years old, name wad Geraldine (pics were of her the day before she passed when she had perked up)

Attachments

• IMG_5070.jpeg
    IMG_5070.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5069.jpeg
    IMG_5069.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 50

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry you lost your girl, that is very sad. There isn't any way to totally confirm what have
caused her to pass suddenly. It might be complications from metabolic bone disease or there
might have been something else going on. You would need to have an autopsy to try & get more
answers as to the direct cause of death.
What UVB light had you been using for her?
I am so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you & your family. :cry:

Tracie

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I made a post about 4 months ago about my brother’s bearded dragon with MBD and sadly yesterday she passed away. Not super sure how, she must have been ill but unfortunately my family and i were away on a trip. The people taking care of her said she had stopped eating 4 days before.

We got back home the day before she died, she was looking pretty skinny and shrivelled, we put her in a container lid with shallow water and she drank for a couple minutes then perked right up and started basking in the sun. After we put her back in her enclosure she began looking unwell again so im unsure if she needed a different light. We left her overnight and sadly she had passed.
Her MBD recovery was going super well, I don’t know much about bearded dragons and google gives all sorts of results so I’m not sure exactly what happened in the end so if anyone has ideas on what it could’ve been please let me know.
Thanks to everyone who helped out on my previous post!

She’s a western bearded dragon, 6 years old, name wad Geraldine (pics were of her the day before she passed when she had perked up)
Hi there

I’m so sorry for your loss, I understand how devastating this will be for you and your brother but I promise you it will get better with time. She was a loved family member.

I’m no expert on western dragons, so take what I say with a grain of salt. She does look a bit underweight from the pictures (hip bones visible, skinny tail, etc).

Is that how westerns are usually built? Or was the MBD a contributing factor? I’m not quite sure what to tell you 🙁

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm sorry for your loss 😔

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom