We are concerned about Perseus tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
So we don't know if Perseus is starting to show signs of YFD, or tail rot?
IMG_20220321_155003264.jpg
IMG_20220321_154944932.jpg

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
There must be sometng wrond then but better check up witha vet to make sure. It better to be safe then sorry!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
You can make an appointment and put some unpasteurized raw honey on it to make sure it is not infected or rotted. you can also soak him in a bath for few. and you can try to see how he reacts when you try to touch it or observe it. If he seems like hes in pain then there's someting wrong but either way, you can check up with a vet and see if there's any symptoms that may be affecting him from doing things.

I hope this helps:)
Keep me updated on things to see what to do with it!:)

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You can make an appointment and put some unpasteurized raw honey on it to make sure it is not infected or rotted. you can also soak him in a bath for few. and you can try to see how he reacts when you try to touch it or observe it. If he seems like hes in pain then there's someting wrong but either way, you can check up with a vet and see if there's any symptoms that may be affecting him from doing things.

I hope this helps:)
Keep me updated on things to see what to do with it!:)
Well we have bathed him and we've started the manuka honey. He seems okay all around though. Not lethargic and he eats good however he hasn't pooped for two days now. I have reached out to the administration here at BD for possibly another vet since I'm questioning the one we've been going to.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Any idea how that happened ? Post a few more pics from the side to show all angles, also post pics of the enclosure. Is there a heat rock in Perseus's enclosure ? Is he housed alone ? And a vet that wasn't concerned about that is not experienced, that's for sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well we have bathed him and we've started the manuka honey. He seems okay all around though. Not lethargic and he eats good however he hasn't pooped for two days now. I have reached out to the administration here at BD for possibly another vet since I'm questioning the one we've been going to.
www.arav.org
Try this website -- if your in a small town/ area please type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you --

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We don't use heat rocks. He is housed alone. I will post more pictures of him and his enclosure later today as I am at work right now. I'm hoping that Karrie can post a list of reptiles vets in my area,(SLC,UT). Thank you
Any idea how that happened ? Post a few more pics from the side to show all angles, also post pics of the enclosure. Is there a heat rock in Perseus's enclosure ? Is he housed alone ? And a vet that wasn't concerned about that is not experienced, that's for sure.

www.arav.org
Try this website -- if your in a small town/ area please type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you --
Salt Lake City is a pretty big city. Of course it's not L.A. or N.Y.C., but I am certainly going to look elsewhere for vetrenary care. Thank you Karrie. I just got up and I'm going to post some more pics of Perseus and his room asap.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Salt lake city is a pretty big city! I used to live there but now I live in a smaller city across pleasant grove. it's lovely out here. My beardie loves it here. great space to roam in the back and front yard(even though she went out once cuz it was a really warm day out here.)

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right on... I know exactly where you're at. My daughter in law is from Orem. Anyway I will get pics of Perseus' tail today from different angles. I have pictures of his enclosure I will post as well. We will be at the reptile expo in S.Jordan this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom