Tail rot? Shed?

FiretheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fire
My beardie Fire has this patch of discoloration at the tip of his tail, and I'm starting to worry that it's the start of tail rot. I know that tail rot is usually when the tip of the tail starts to turn black and shrivel up, but I'm still getting concerned. I thought that it was shed for like 4 months, but if it was, that would be an unreasonably long time for it to stay on him. he somehow got a little nick in his tail when I first got him (he was around 3/4 months old), but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this. I just want to find out if it is tail rot before it spreads up his tail if it is. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_2404 (1).jpg
    IMG_2404 (1).jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2400 (1).jpg
    IMG_2400 (1).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2403 (1).jpg
    IMG_2403 (1).jpg
    254 KB · Views: 73

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not at all, his tail is fine. :) Sometimes when they are growing fast the part that shed last [ like the end of the tail or a foot ] will stay fresh looking as the rest of the body already starts getting darker , as his body is doing now.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom