Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee

jeffryjb":331yqe2w said:
I used 12 x 12 slate tiles, not grouted or sealed. Its been really easy to keep clean.

I used the exact same, maybe just a bigger size and they are very easy to clean and maintain!

bize13

Original Poster
That's the size I was thinking but did you get a certain type? I know nothing about tiles, are certain types not safe? For example, there are some veggies that beardies shouldn't eat like lettuce, and some they should like turnip greens. I'm asking if there are some bad tiles or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks

Cee

I don't think that it matters what type of tile you use, I just know that most people use slate tile because it holds heat.

jeffryjb

Slate holds the heat well, plus there's extra traction and keeps their nails a little less sharp. Glazed ceramic tiles are slick and who knows if there's any type of chemicals involved.

isearch12

I use unglazed ceramic tiles so Lelu my beardie would not slip as much and it helps keep her nails trimmed. Also nonporous tiles so clean up is easy.
http://flic.kr/p/4DdLT7
2390272980_eb523a6a65_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom