Opinions and tips pls

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
You could also use spray foam. Line a bowl with some plastic wrap or wax paper or something, and fill it up, let it dry, then carve it and paint/seal it.
That is a cool idea, I've seen spray foam used on some backwalls with good success but didn't think of it for a use like this

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
You could also use spray foam. Line a bowl with some plastic wrap or wax paper or something, and fill it up, let it dry, then carve it and paint/seal it.
Yes, this works well. What I used for the background is in fact styrofoam, spray foam/ expanding foam (forget to mention that!) and tile glue.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's a perfect fix. Did you fabricate it yourself?
Can't wait to meet lily. Have you picked her out already?

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Thanks for showing. Looks healthy, the little one :)
Is the purple some paint to mark the gender, or is that her coloration?
I'm not sure as I know that some breeders use paint (great idea!) - vs. my dragon has a purpleish color on his back that looks almost like this.
Your dragon has quite a light coloration, I see. Is this a special morph? (My Taco had a much, much darker back, head and tail when he was little, like dark chocolate.)

P.S.: I also selected my dragon before picking him up. Was sooo excited :) When will you pick her up?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thanks for showing. Looks healthy, the little one :)
Is the purple some paint to mark the gender, or is that her coloration?
I'm not sure as I know that some breeders use paint (great idea!) - vs. my dragon has a purpleish color on his back that looks almost like this.
Your dragon has quite a light coloration, I see. Is this a special morph? (My Taco had a much, much darker back, head and tail when he was little, like dark chocolate.)

P.S.: I also selected my dragon before picking him up. Was sooo excited :) When will you pick her up?

Here is one without the paint :)
The breeder told me she will be ready in a couple of weeks.
Aside from the yellow/orange color, I don't think she's any special morph. Might be translucent but I don't think so....
I did pick Luis when I was on site and I don't regret it. Maybe some other dragon will catch my eye when I pick her up but from the pics she is my favourite right now.

Last edited:

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I think regardless how different bearded dragons can look: They are all beautiful in a special way. (Except for silkbacks which I personally think look weird, but which doesn't mean that I wouldn't adopt one in need - as for me those are two totally different things.)

When I selected Taco, I went to a reptile pet store I had visited a few times before (knew they regularly have bearded dragons), just asking when they might get the next batch of bearded dragons to reserve one in time. I already had the enclosure at that time, was in the process of finishing the setup (some silicone still had to dry, I was testing the temperature). They had one bearded dragon left, thus a bit larger than they sell them usually, close to 3 months. Healthy looking male with dark colors (not a dark underside). I immediately reserved him, and then picked him up one and a half weeks later.
Also absolutely no regret, and I then wondered when over time my dragon developed colors matching to the things in his enclosure so well :D Despite I hadn't even seen my dragon when I did the enclosure, and his color was ways different when picking him up.

When I went back to that store (not to select another reptile - as much as I like them, dragons and other reptiles, I won't get another one as I just don't have the space for it and the equipment is so expensive here that it's just not making sense), I sometimes saw dragons with a lighter coloration but never as light as your future dragon. The owner kept a "brother" of Taco (from the second clutch), and I could immediately distinguish this dragon from Taco.

Last edited:

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I think regardless how different bearded dragons can look: They are all beautiful in a special way. (Except for silkbacks which I personally think look weird, but which doesn't mean that I wouldn't adopt one in need - as for me those are two totally different things.)

When I selected Taco, I went to a reptile pet store I had visited a few times before (knew they regularly have bearded dragons), just asking when they might get the next batch of bearded dragons to reserve one in time. I already had the enclosure at that time, was in the process of finishing the setup (some silicone still had to dry, I was testing the temperature). They had one bearded dragon left, thus a bit larger than they sell them usually, close to 3 months. Healthy looking male with dark colors (not a dark underside). I immediately reserved him, and then picked him up one and a half weeks later.
Also absolutely no regret, and I then wondered when over time my dragon developed colors matching to the things in his enclosure so well :D Despite I hadn't even seen my dragon when I did the enclosure, and his color was ways different when picking him up.

When I went back to that store (not to select another reptile - as much as I like them, I won't get another one as I just don't have the space for it), I sometimes saw dragons with a lighter coloration but never as light as your future dragon. The owner kept a "brother" of Taco (from the second clutch), and I could immediately distinguish this dragon from Taco.
My mom and I are really close and she insisted on coming with, when I went to pick up/out Luis. When I was like "idk they are all beautiful", she just said like "No no, it's that one over there, no doubt about it. I saw you look at him the moment you entered the room". She knows me better than I know myself and guess what, Luis is basically like taking my own personality and stuffing it into a little lizard. Up to a degree where it's almost creepy, lol ;)

You are totally right and I also really love my dark red leatherback with his tiger stripes but I'm purposely looking for the complete opposite. She will probably get some darker with age but then, when picking a future member of your family, you only get so far with taking a rational approach. In the end it's a mix between your guts and fate :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My stepfather did the welding :)
View attachment 88551
She's not yet ready to be picked up though
Omg she is stunning 😍
Her nails look clear in the pic so she may be a hypo. I can't see her eyes to tell trans (not all trans have black eyes anyway) if she is trans though as small as she is, her belly should be blue looking. No matter what if any morphs she is beautiful!!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom