Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
One basking spot will work if it's large enough for a dragon to bask their entire body under completely to get an even bask. UVB should be right next to the basking light for most intense UVB along with highest temps. In very large enclosures you can sometimes add a second basking spot that is just heat with no UVB but you need enough space to provide a gradient. You still want areas with little to no UVB and daytime temps around 70-80.

CooperDragon":xuutqiln said:
I have an older version of the herpstat2. One probe sits on the cool side floor and the other is sitting on the basking surface with a rubber band. The wire is zip tied and anchored to the wall along the back corner. I have one bulb set to pulse and it's a heat projector that comes on at night if the temps drop out of 70-73 range that is controlled by the cool side probe. The basking light is controlled by the basking site probe and is set to be 100-103 and dim as needed.

I just got a herpstat 1 and I’m having issues getting my surface temps where they need to be. The probe measures air temperature correct? I have a 4x2x2 Enclosure, and I have the basking light sitting on top of the mesh top. He has a log to allow him to climb higher and closer to the light. At the highest, he is still at least 8 inches away.

What temp do you have your thermostat set to to keep the surface temps in the rig range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom