Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So from experience, Cierra is a very reluctant pooper, you run downwards from the middle of their chest to their vent in long even strokes. That's what pushes everything out. I also make the water hotter than normal, that also seems to work. If that doesn't I get canned pumpkin (without spices) give some to her and then freeze the rest in ice cube trays, so always have some on hand. Stays frozen forever, even when ice crystals form, when microwaving to defrost, just adds a bit of water. I add warm water, too, and mix it up really and she takes about 3-4 ml of it. Works within two days. I'm an expert at getting dragons to poop, this has always worked for me.

So I got Cierra and Nathaniel up yesterday for their baths, have to keep them hydrated and they stayed awake. I had the grandkids with me (alone) for the day, ask how that was, very, very busy, but I managed to get Imp and Gabriel fed, put food out for Castiel and the worms, but left Cierra and Nathaniel alone because I thought they'd go back to sleep but they didn't, they were up all day today.

So now that I've taken Bella (Eric's dog) for her last walk, it's time for my supper.

Please keep up updated and snuggle her as much as you can. She's never had a shock like this before and we don't want her liver/kidneys to give out on her. Don't worry about crunching the syringe. Gabriel flattens it, so some days I'm going through 2 syringes. I just ordered 100 more! I don't care as long as he continues to live.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Great advice thank you very much!!!

I will bath her again soon. I laughed so hard when I read Gabriel flattens them!! WOW princess just bit it which was a surprise but it was really easy to get the meds in :)

She so stressed but lives a hug now! I just hope she understands I'm trying to help her.

Bath temp. Usually I do 37 degrees for her. That's hot enough right?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have no idea, I do it by feel, so warm is the same as my hand, but for Cierra and sometimes Castiel I do hotter.

And no, if she hasn't eaten in a week she might not have anything to push out. There has to be something in their digestive system. So when you're massaging her, you'll start her digestive system into spasms but if there's nothing there because she's not been eating, then it's not a problem, but if she's been eating in the last few days and it's not much, there might still not be much to push out. Give her a break for a couple of days but get some pumpkin (if you can find it), if not, prune juice works but if you can't get it down her, mineral oil and applesauce without sugar also work. separate or together.

And continue those snuggles, she is feeling a bit lost and frustrated so those help her feel better, for sure!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have no idea, I do it by feel, so warm is the same as my hand, but for Cierra and sometimes Castiel I do hotter.

And no, if she hasn't eaten in a week she might not have anything to push out. There has to be something in their digestive system. So when you're massaging her, you'll start her digestive system into spasms but if there's nothing there because she's not been eating, then it's not a problem, but if she's been eating in the last few days and it's not much, there might still not be much to push out. Give her a break for a couple of days but get some pumpkin (if you can find it), if not, prune juice works but if you can't get it down her, mineral oil and applesauce without sugar also work. separate or together.

And continue those snuggles, she is feeling a bit lost and frustrated so those help her feel better, for sure!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Epic news!!

Getting a 2 month old WHITE beardie!!!!!!

Perfect condition and soooooooooooo small and cute. Can you believe it jumped out of my hand into the floor!!!!!!! My heart skipped a beat!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations, when does your little one come home or is he home already. Want all details.

And didn't understand the last post, you'll have to clarify; Put a pin in that, a bread knife won't let me?

More info about your new baby and how Tengu is doing, I'll check in tonight.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I think he meant "the wife won't let me" . My hubs won't let me bring home a second either. A little white one would be beautiful.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep bread knife = wife in old London slang.

I'm going to try and convince her it's a great idea!
So beautiful!!!! 2 months old and tiny!!!!! Normally I wouldn't but being white I really want it.

Tengu is okay. She us Blavk on her shoulders let's call them. Those little pockets behind the top of their neck. But she was basking and sleeping looking very comfy. I will try silk worm tomorrow as well as baby food and see what happens.

Oh and my vet doesn't do blood tests so if Tengu doesn't get better I will go to a vet that does.

Time for sleep! Lol way after my bed time!!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So...........

Princess has decided to put on 20g even though she hasn't eaten anything in over a week and sleeping all the time but not committing to it. I took her outside for ten minutes as super sunny and hot and she slept, I put her back in her tank and she didn't move, just closed her eyes. She has now moved and standing up but eyes still closed.

Another bath and nothing came out not even pee. I am officially lost with what to do I can honestly say

Oh and wont have baby food, pumpkin, salad, silk worms or prune juice. It is like a hunger strike!

what to do............. so vet again. I would like to think it is just brumation but her signals don't add up at all.

I mean how can she put on weight when she isn't eating???

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
My last dragon who did that had an abdominal tumor.
She wouldn't eat but gained weight. She v would prolapse daily though. Does she have any hard objects in jet abdomen?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She went to the vet a few days ago and had an ultrasound and x ray and sample check and no problems. Just fatty liver because she is a big girl.

so it is really confusing :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't know how your vet can say that it's fatty liver with just an xray. Just because the liver is enlarged is not a true indication. Only a blood tests that shows the results of the liver/kidney can determine that it's fatty liver, as it shows alot of other info.

Either way, I'm glad you got that work done on her. And no, it's never possible to gain weight when not eating. We'll hope it's not a tumour, but I would highly recommend another vet for a 2nd opinion, one that will take a blood sample.

Gabriel is hardly eating and gaining but that's because of the aneurysm. Leo was the same, it was a tumour and his liver was enlarged, too. So yes, you need another vet, preferably an exotic vet that has worked with dragons. What vet does the pet shop use?

Let me know and I didn't see the post about your wife until just now. Sorry to hear about that. Keep working on her :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm definitely going to take her to another vet. As you say she needs blood tests.

She had juice and meds today but sleeping a lot and tried to do business but couldn't.

She basked a while today and now standing up but eyes half closed again.

Good idea about pet shop and which vet they use.

I will get her to the vet ASAP.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The only other reason for not eating and gaining weight is from eggs forming. So when you find a new vet, ask them if they can get a copy of the xray from the 1st vet or see if you can. If there are eggs forming you can see them on the xray.

And yes, blood tests are necessary, there are quite a few things they test for. I'll send you a list of what my vet tests for every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom