Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She died in her sleep at the vets before I could say goodbye. I haven't cried this much since....... I can't actually remember.

She was in her sleeping position perfectly so at least she died peacefully.

I just wish I could understand why it happened and so suddenly. There is no reason. Everything was perfect, her tank, not dehydrated at all, vitamins, calcium uv etc etc etc just a little over weight which wasn't the cause as per blood test.

I cannot stop blaming myself. She is currently in her tank on ice with her favorite hammock over her. She looks so peaceful but I can't look at her it's just too sad. So tomorrow we will go to a pet cremation place and heave her cremated. We will have her dust in a nice wooden box with a brass plague with her name.

I will miss her so much (crying again)

Thank you for everything and let's stay in contact okay? I will hopefully get another one soon. I don't think I cannot have one. White one would be great but maybe he will go soon.

Next one will have vet check every 6 months and that's guaranteed! This vet is amazing and didn't even charge me for her stay over. Just for the meds because they couldn't save her. That's dam nice of them

Anyway I have to rest

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
It helped me to get another one after my first girl passed away. She was sick and it was for the best but I still cried a lot. Seeing the empty tank is very painful and the best way for me to remember her was to help another little guy who needed a good home.

You didn't do anything wrong, you loved her and cared for her, that's all anyone can ask for.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm saddened to read this =(. You gave her proper care and a great life with lots of love. They are very good at hiding illness until it's too late to help. There isn't anything you could have done and nothing you did wrong. I know how it feels to lose one so suddenly. Try to take comfort in the fact that she had a good, happy life with you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I am so sorry to hear this, David, but at least she'll be with you when she passes. My heart is so heavy right now. I know how devastated you are. Good bye Princess Tengu, you are a wonderful dragon, I'm so sorry about your kidneys. Fly high, Princess, when the time comes, you'll be with all our lost loves across the Rainbow Bridge. Hold her tightly David and talk to her, it will help her know she's safe.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your kind words

This morning I had to change the ice before taking her to the crematorium. It was beyond strange seeing her so perfect and not opening her eye and giving me "the look"

Clean the tank out today and get it ready for my next beardie (hopefully) I sort of feel bad getting another, it feels like a replacement even though I know it is not. No beardie could replace my little princess, Tengu :(

If I do get another it will be a 2-3 month old white one so I will have plenty of questions I am sure :)

Thank you all once again

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've found that a new dragon never replaces a lost dragon. There is room in your heart for all of them. They are all quite different and it's a new adventure, not a replacement for Tengu. You'll always remember and miss Tengu but giving another dragon a chance at a good home will bring you both a lot of happiness.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":3s6ivv1f said:
I agree with Cooper. I thought of it more as in memorium, as an homage to the other dragon not a replacement.

This is very true.

Why is there no reply button now?? Just quote?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":jvoudlhu said:
You mean the post reply box? That's what I always use, it's at the bottom or top of the page.

Yep but no longer just quote. I will ask Alex as its very odd

Off to cemetery now :(

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's just gone in the burner. Beautiful ceremony actually. Cried my ass off. Sleeping position surrounded by flowers and her favorite veg leaf. Candles and insense burning. I wish we had longer together.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also after the cremation in Japan you collect the bones by using chopsticks. These bones are then put in an urn and put in a lovely Japanese style holder. I also got a silver tube to put her teeth in. I will wear this forever to keep her with me.

I have attached a photo of the shrine I made for her. The pink thing is the case with her remains. It will stay in the house for 49 days and then we take it to the cemetery to be buried. Very traditional Japanese style.

81643-797505193.jpg

Now I don't know if I am feeling grieve or what but I feel terrible. Cannot stop crying, feel like I have lost a friend, feel alone feel responsible and missing her face and behavior so much. I feel I cant come back from it. I miss her too much. I just want to hug her and stay in the sun with her. Loss is terrible when you love your pet so much. I just wanted to be a good owner and give her a good life.

Sorry I am going on, tough day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom