Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
WOW!! She's beautiful!! I love her colors :) All the pics are so cute...I love that she climbed the window screen :)

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kristine. :)
She's being a bit of a brat lately, not taking her greens well and she puts minimal effort into her bugs. I've got to get a fecal done on her soon, even though her poop doesn't smell at all. Rather be safe then sorry.

If I can't get some Acidipholiz+ through work, I'll be placing an order for some Benebac. I know how much Batman loves it, so I'm hoping Thresh will like it as much and it'll improve her appetite. Also getting some supers today, see if those get her eating.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Oh I hear you!!! Same battle over here! No greens, 3-5 dubia. Does what he wants. He refuses to poop in his viv so I'm having a terrible time getting 2 good samples!

Yeah...Batty would LIVE off if benebac if I'd let him ;)

Good luck!!!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I can get Benebac in through work! Yay!

Now, there's the gel and the powder. Which is which? Does it say on the label what type? There's a reptile version, a small animal version, and just a 'pet' version for all I think. The one on BD.co seems to be the 'pet' version. What is the dosage for the gel? I can get a 4 pack and the 15mg tube. Which should I get? Should I stick with the powder instead?

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
You know where Batty and I stand on that one ;) I order the MASSIVE tubes from Tracie :)

Edited to add: the benebac gel you get at the pet stores should be for birds and reptiles. It's a gel. That's what we started with before I knew Tracie had the MUCH larger ones.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Benebac is so good for them, Thresh will like it and it will help her appetite. Glad you can get it through work.
Gabriel lived on it before babyfood for 3 months and it helped his digestion a great deal. As you can see, he's recovered nicely!

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
CountofCasualty":yt8jpb2q said:
Hey hoopy, I'm pretty sure it's pronounced how it sounds. I know it's pronounced like the plant. :)

Hi fellow LoL players. :) I made her basking spot with the summoners circle off summoners rift. It was a challenge but great fun.
oh wow thats what we originally wanted to do for him but thought itd be too hard...do you have pictures on a thread of it?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So Jolene, if you're free I'll come over on Sunday. Won't bring any of my dragons, even though Titan is in the bedroom and not in contact with the others, just don't want to take any chances. Will be great to see you, what time? I'm free for the day.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi Deb, I'm working morning sundays now. My co-worker keeps calling in all the time so Jen is splitting up the sunday shift to two shifts, I get mornings for 3 hours. So after 2 I'll be free.

As for the basking spot, I don't have a thread of it. But here are some pics:

tumblr_mldjkxTrVT1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mldjkxTrVT1qc4rpqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mldjkxTrVT1qc4rpqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mldjkxTrVT1qc4rpqo6_500.jpg

I used one of the tutorials listed in the DIY, but it's Styrofoam, Styrofoam safe no-nails., grout, acrylic paint, decorative sand for roughness and modpodge(matte) to seal.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
soooo smart!!!!!!! we are working on his soon but i got mine started but its not completely updated at the moment but check out my lion king theme if you want. :blob8:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I really love how Thresh's basking spot came out. You should have your other job be selling this kind of stuff. Looks so nice, way better than any of the stuff I see in the pet stores.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
That's amazing!! I wish I could find stuff like that in the stores! I don't have a creative bone in my body, couldn't pull that off. It's awesome!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll see you Sunday and I agree, you are a good artist but I know it took a long time to build. But I also know that Thresh loves her basking spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom