Taking your Beardie Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexySez

I see lots of you take your beardie out with you!

That would scare me! What if they jumped off your shoulder, or how do you take them in the car????????????? All seems mad but I'd love to do it!

Sez x

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Every beardie is different. You just have to first wait until they are adults to bring them around. (they are bigger and less likely to leap around) second you have to get to know your beardies personality. If you have a really laid back and lazy dragon its probably safer to bring that one around than if you had a high energy one. Also make sure its warm enough!

zoomommi

I am glad you asked that question. Ollie is a darter, and when we have him out, he will dart off without warning.
I know a lot of you are probably against the harnesses, but I was wondering if any of you have made a harness that is comfortable enough. I want to take Ollie out, and I think a harness would be the answer to prevent her from darting away. I am in south Louisiana and it is hot here now.
I was going to try to get some soft leather and make a harness and see if she minded it. I know I will get some angry posts on this, but I also know that certain circumstances make for creative solutions.
Thanks,
zoomommi :?

zoomommi

Thanks Jaspers Mom,
I love some of those harnesses. I think I will make my little one a harness for now, and purchase a cool custom when she is full grown. I can use the design to make hers.
Thanks,
zoomommi

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
I am so glad you asked this question. I have seen people out and about but am terrified my beardie will jump off. A harness is a great option and I would love to see yours when you are done creating it. I wouldn't think it would be hard to do! I cant wait until it is warm here and I can take my troops outside, to get the natural uvb light! Plus our reptile guy that has a museum close is dying to see some of the dragons I have. :D I am scare though about mites and such. Has anyone had any bad experiences taking your dragons outside and bugs?

Stephanie

Akoro

I plan to get a beardie very soon, but the sad thing is... Where I live, seeing as beardies live in the desert, it would be WAY too cold to take them outside. Ever. I'm in Alaska, and right now it goes down to about -30, and last summer the warmest day was a little over 70. >_> I assume, anyways, except for the very warmest days(that was a cold summer), that it would be too cold... I could be wrong, but even then, probably not for long. Plus, I wouldn't be able to do that for quiiiiite a while... :cry: :(

And I must say, this cold is not something even I'm anywhere NEAR used to, and I've lived here for over two years. Would it be warm enough in the warmest days of summer to take one out?

zoomommi

Wow,
I don't know if Ollie is going to be cooperative to wear a harness. Just measuring her to make the harness was hard to do. I am going to make the basic strip with the two holes in it for the arms. at the ends are two holes tolace up and clip the leash through. I just hope that Ollie will put it on, Man she didn't like the tape measure around her chest area.
zoomommi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom