Tail rot? Or normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer

Does anyone know if this looks like tail rot? We have had him for 5 months now and it has always been a bit darker than the rest of his body but I’m not sure?

Attachments

• 4C67BC93-385E-423C-9BD1-DFE4E9FCB242.jpeg
    4C67BC93-385E-423C-9BD1-DFE4E9FCB242.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 117
  • E5082DCB-E0C3-420D-9F45-FCC872DBBB47.jpeg
    E5082DCB-E0C3-420D-9F45-FCC872DBBB47.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 89

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does anyone know if this looks like tail rot? We have had him for 5 months now and it has always been a bit darker than the rest of his body but I’m not sure?
Has the dark moved up the tail or just stayed the same? It does not look good-- I think it's vet time but I need ahbd to look--
@AHBD

Jennifer

Original Poster
Has the dark moved up the tail or just stayed the same? It does not look good-- I think it's vet time but I need ahbd to look--
@AHBD
It’s gotten darker but stayed the same. It hasn’t climbed up the tail if that makes sense. When we first got him he was more orange and his tail was a lot lighter in the spot. Now it’s becoming more gray.
7E66B90E-BBB2-46AB-8A2B-3771B541751A.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It’s gotten darker but stayed the same. It hasn’t climbed up the tail if that makes sense. When we first got him he was more orange and his tail was a lot lighter in the spot. Now it’s becoming more gray. View attachment 66024
Ok then its more than likely just shed --- I still want AHBD to take a look -- is there any pinches or niks at toward the end of the tail?

Jennifer

Original Poster
There are no pinches or kinks, his tail just looks a totally different color than the rest of him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
There are no pinches or kinks, his tail just looks a totally different color than the rest of him.
Ok so then there would be no tail rot usually tail rot will start from bites pinches or niks something that is from injury - her tail is going to shed it will turn different colors like white gray dark real dark sometimes but that is normal

Jennifer

Original Poster
Oh ok, yeah the tail feels and otherwise is normal. You can bend it, it’s not a different size. Just looks strange in color. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom