Tail darkening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry Cori's not doing well. When you say "appearing to get sick", are you talking about Cori or his tail? Could he possibly be about to shed? The scales can get darker and then lighten prior to a shed. Has he had an injury to that area, a fall or tail nip?

Could you post a picture....it would really help!

Dawn

Lennifer

Juvie Member
I'm not sure if this will help or if we are talking about the same thing, but when my beardie was younger, I noticed that his tail was black towards the end. I took pics & talked with some people who said it was normal. He is over a year old & is doing great. lol! I provided a pic just to ease your mind, incase this is simular to what your beardie's tail looks like.

~Sandy

blacktail-1.jpg

Lennifer

Juvie Member
It's stiff? Hmm. Drago's tail never felt stiff. If possible, I would take him to the vet just to have a check up to be on the safe side. I know they can take an ex-ray but that can be kind of pricey & i think they would normally do the it if there were a kink in the tail. I wish I could help more or offer better advice. Please keep us posted.

~Sandy

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Good luck at the vet! Hopefully it is nothing but a shed coming on. Please let us know what you find out!

Dawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom