Stress?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I had Leo out for a while (30 minutes to be exact) but I noticed he got very dark, when I checked his underbelly he was covered in stress marks. He doesn’t react badly to be taken out usually, besides, he willingly came and nestled into my neck and fell asleep!

I noticed his tail was sitting erect in the air, completely black at the tip. It was also shaking a little bit. He was asleep though- or at least resting. I had some calming music playing, the vent was going off and there was a bit of traffic outside my house.

Was it a sensory overload? Was he absolutely scared out of his mind? He’s never acted like this before when I snuggled him… I was very hot at the time, wearing a hoodie right after a big game for my field hockey team. Was he darkening and taking in heat from that?

Also, another question, do stress marks always indicate stress or could it be from absorbing heat as well?

(Also, I’d like to put it out there that he does not have MBD which is not why his tail was shaking. His fixture is correct, his supplementation is correct AND his husbandry overall is correct.)

If I did scare him out of his mind I feel so bad, he’s getting plenty of treats today.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I had Leo out for a while (30 minutes to be exact) but I noticed he got very dark, when I checked his underbelly he was covered in stress marks. He doesn’t react badly to be taken out usually, besides, he willingly came and nestled into my neck and fell asleep!

I noticed his tail was sitting erect in the air, completely black at the tip. It was also shaking a little bit. He was asleep though- or at least resting. I had some calming music playing, the vent was going off and there was a bit of traffic outside my house.

Was it a sensory overload? Was he absolutely scared out of his mind? He’s never acted like this before when I snuggled him… I was very hot at the time, wearing a hoodie right after a big game for my field hockey team. Was he darkening and taking in heat from that?

Also, another question, do stress marks always indicate stress or could it be from absorbing heat as well?

(Also, I’d like to put it out there that he does not have MBD which is not why his tail was shaking. His fixture is correct, his supplementation is correct AND his husbandry overall is correct.)

If I did scare him out of his mind I feel so bad, he’s getting plenty of treats today.
Bumping this.

I ran into another problem: Leo has stress marks while asleep after the lights turned off, what on earth is wrong? Temps measure 76 atm off of the digital probe thermometer.

Edit: I brought him out to snuggle and he completely calmed down, white belly and all. Still not sure what caused the sudden stress though…

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They can get spooked by the weirdest things sometimes. My first beardie was terrified of ceiling fans. Moving or not.
Acidburns beardie Toothless was scared of the picture on the wall. You may have just startled him.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
They can get spooked by the weirdest things sometimes. My first beardie was terrified of ceiling fans. Moving or not.
Acidburns beardie Toothless was scared of the picture on the wall. You may have just startled him.
Oh, maybe 🤔 he hasn’t shown any sort of fear to any one specific thing, I must have startled him some how I guess. *facepalm*

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He might even just be having a bad day. Snickers didn't want to be handled this evening, sometimes i think they just want to chill on their own.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom