Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Bowsersmom: Ooooh! Idea! You could make a pen using NIC panels: http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm It's used for guinea pig and rabbit cages a lot, but it would work well for beardies too! And when you are done with it, you can take it apart and put it back in the box. (You don't have the get the coroplast though, of course. I just put old towels on the bottom of Dud's pen.)

@Atrax: Thanks! LOL, I need to take a picture of him next to a "normal" looking beardie some time. It's hilarious how different he looks!

@Sherri: LOL, have fun! :p This thread has gotten kind of long, but it's not too bad compared to some of the 100+ page threads that some people have.
Haha, he just doesn't want anyone to know how silly he looked trying to wiggle out from under there. :laughing6:
Pffft, pink is MANLY. If you make it through the whole thread, you'll see Dudley in his hot pink harness. So tell him not to be ashamed LOL.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Dudley looks like such a little old man. I love it! :love5: :love5: :love5:

Yosh does the same thing when I take all his stuff out of his viv. He knows it's time for noms!

I was crackin up about Smudge following Dudley around. I got a mental image and just about fell out of my chair! :laughhard:

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Ooo, thanks for link, Jess! That looks perfect! I took Clovis outside for a bit today and she did not move. Clearly she is channeling Dudley. I think all of the birds chirping put her off as well.
So what is the hornworm verdict? Are you going to order more for Dudley?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated in a couple days! :roll: My aunt, uncle, and 6 cousins came for the 4th, so including my family there were 12 people here LOL. I was kinda busy!

@Bowsersmom: Awesome, I hope the NIC panels work out for you!
And I'll have to get over the guilt of killing them I guess, since Dudders loved them so much. I don't really like to order bugs though, so he will probably only get them when I go to TCR. I can get a cup of 15 for about $10, so I might do that next time since I know that he will eat them now. :D

@Sashee: Hehe, thanks! :lol: Isn't it funny how they know whenever they will be fed? Sometimes Dudley responds to the sound I make when I shake his bugs in the cal/vite powder too. It's really cute how excited he gets!
LOL, I should take a video of it sometimes! It's amusing, but I'm worried that Smudge is actually going to try to take a bite out of him. :shock: Smudge will eat just about anything, whether it is actually edible or not.

Dud has been sleeping a lot lately, so I'm not sure what is going on with him. He is still eating his salad almost every day (He totally cleaned his plate a minute ago) and he is happy and stress mark-less, but all he wants to do is snooze in his digging dish. He will bask if I put him up on his structure, but he is just being a lazy bum lately.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jess! Glad to hear that you had a good 4th of July.

I just finished catching up on your thread and Dudley pic's. He's such a handsome boy. :love5:

You mentioned in your last post that Dudley had been laying down sleeping a lot lately. Is it still humid there? Just a thought! It's been humid here in Cali and all most all my beardies will react to the humidity by lazily laying around. Think about if it makes us that miserable??? :roll:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi! I hope you did too!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Hmm, it actually has been more humid because of the rain and stuff. Dud's humidity has been around 40-45%, so it's not that bad, but It's usually dryer here now that I think about it. Do you think that humidity could be high enough to be affecting him? He will be more active if I take him outside or pay attention to him, but otherwise he just naps on the cool end.
That makes me feel a little better though, LOL. Thanks!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
HAHA! Yeah, Yosh was doin that about a month ago. Just chillin under his log all day unless I actually took him and put him on top of his log.

And when Yoshi hears me shake his crix, he looks up at me like, "Food? Do I hear food?!?"

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess4921":1zo83na4 said:
Hi! I hope you did too!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Hmm, it actually has been more humid because of the rain and stuff. Dud's humidity has been around 40-45%, so it's not that bad, but It's usually dryer here now that I think about it. Do you think that humidity could be high enough to be affecting him? He will be more active if I take him outside or pay attention to him, but otherwise he just naps on the cool end.
That makes me feel a little better though, LOL. Thanks!
Hmm I wonder if that's what Sarth's deal is? He hasn't really touched his salad except maybe a bite the past 2 days, and I don't think he's eaten his repti-worms today (I'm home for lunch atm), didn't even bat an eye when I offered him a juicy dubia! My husband said he's been sitting on top of his branch basically from when he got up to when I got here, and I had to take him out of his hide this morning. Hmmmm. I don't have a humidity monitor though, maybe I should get one.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Beardiegirl!

@Sashee: LOL, they seem to go through little lazy phases like that. I think they do it just to make us worry sometimes.
Haha, Dudley would franticly dig at the walls in his old viv when he saw me taking out his supers, and would try to eat them through the glass. He's a weirdy.

@JenFid: Well at least Dudley isn't the only one. He is still eating, but he just doesn't want to move from his digging corner. Maybe once we stop getting all this rain (It looks like it will rain all week though...) they will perk up a little?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
All of mine are still eating they just don't want to bask long would rather lay at the cool end too.

We call Checkers our little meteorologist. :lol:
He usually lets me know with his behavior if there's a storm, wind, or high humidity in the
forecast( seems to be more accurate than the guy on the news too! :lol: ).

One little trick you might use if they are not wanting to bask long after eating is bath them. I find they will bask for a little longer after a bath so that will help with digestion. It also seems to help with working up an appetite too. Bath seems to make them feel better (like it would us when it's hot) or good enough to have somewhat of an appetite...if nothing else would keep them hydrated when not wanting to eat. Natural UVB usually does the trick too.

For all that seem to be having their beardies acting this way an are experiencing more than usual humidity. I'd not worry to much if you aren't seeing any weight loss. I know it's so hot here and humid right now I don't even want to move. So I can understand my beardies wanting to cool down as well on the cool side. Also for myself when it's really hot and humid I don't feel like eating or have an appetite either.

BTW...Spikes in humidity for a couple of days will not harm your beardies. You just don't want it to be above 50% humidity for days on end or URI's can develop. Remember if you have an air conditioner/central air it will remove a lot of the humidity so inside will be much lower than outside. If it is very humid an you use a water dish I suggest taking it out for now. However even if it's under 50% if it's higher than they are use to it will make them lazy. Most of mine tend to be affected when humidity is over 37%.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Great info Barb! I do notice that Sarth loves to bask for a bit right after his baths and it usually helps his appetite too. Both Jess and I live in MN and the weather has been on and off here with extreme heat and humidity, then thunderstorms, then a couple nice days :p the past few days have been awesome though so we've both been outside which the boys love :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like you are having weather over there much like ours right now. We skipped right past Spring and the beginning of Summer straight to the end of July to August type weather. We have been having T-storms off and on between the squelching hot days. Reason for the humidity being up so high here. Weather sure has been wacky this year.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
fresnowitte":2olsm06n said:
Sounds like you are having weather over there much like ours right now. We skipped right past Spring and the beginning of Summer straight to the end of July to August type weather. We have been having T-storms off and on between the squelching hot days. Reason for the humidity being up so high here. Weather sure has been wacky this year.
here in washington we went from winter to 100 degree weather with 75% humidity

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks for all the info Barb!! I'm glad that Dudley is normal LOL. :D

And yeah, I agree with you on the baths. Dudley is MUCH more likely to eat his salad if he has a bath, so what I usually do is bathe him in the morning, and as he is going over to the cool side he stumbles upon his salad, which he almost always eats a few bites of.

JenFid, I have some outdoor pictures from yesterday I should post! Dud didn't get out today though. Oops.

My parents are seriously anti-AC, so it's especially bad in my house. :silent:

Wow Morgan, that must be awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom