Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Dudley is so lumbering! :D And I agree, the hornworm was sorta cute. But its death was for a good cause. Phoenix worms were sorta cute, too. What does it say about us that these things fit into our definition of "cute"?

I think it means we're awesome.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
JenFid":2z1ywjkw said:
Jess4921":2z1ywjkw said:
Haha, he is a weirdy isn't he? I'm pretty sure he was expecting me to bring it to him, but apparently is was worth using engery for.
LOL, after he eats something, he always stares at the spot it used to be, like he is waiting for another buggie to just pop up! :roll:
I loved how he stared at the spot where the worm used to be, lol. You can see his eyes darting as he looks for more, then he's kind of like ooooh well.

The first time I gave Sarth a hornworm he stared at it for a loooong time. I think he thought it was a piece of lettuce or something, lol. Here's a video of Sarth eating his first dubia, I find it pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzGKfboOqRs

And yea I didn't know butterworms spun webs either!! I ordered some and when I got them and opened them up I thought a spider had gotten in there :p Same with the silk worms!

OMG, not to hijack, but Sarth is so cute in that video!
And Yoshi does the same thing. Like, lookin around for more wormies! Such cuteness!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
noonthirtyfive":30a5jcee said:
Dudley is so lumbering! :D And I agree, the hornworm was sorta cute. But its death was for a good cause. Phoenix worms were sorta cute, too. What does it say about us that these things fit into our definition of "cute"?

I think it means we're awesome.

Thanks! :D
LOL, I agree, it totally does. I think EVERYTHING is cute.

@JenFid: Sarth is SOOO adorable! He's like "What on earth is tha- OHITSEDIBLE!" *nom*

I'll upload some more Dud pictures today, although I admit they aren't too exciting.
Do you guys think I should make a Youtube account for Dud's videos? They take SO long to upload on PB, so IDK if YT would be any faster?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well, here are the pictures!!

This is Dudley's new outdoor enclosure that I was talking about before. I'm not sure what he thought about it... He didn't move from that spot the whole time he was out LOL.
DSC01540.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

Waiting for crickets. He seems to know that when I take everything out of his cage, it's cricket time. He turns happy colors before I even put the cricket in there, and sometimes he waits for me like this!
DSC01514.jpg

Being cute. I was playing with the ISO on my camera, and trying to get some really detailed pictures.
DSC01525.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

He got stuck under his log, and I had to save him LOL.
DSC01552.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

I was going to update the pictures on my "Sand" thread, since Dudley has shed a little since then and you can see what he is supposed to look like vs. his stained skin really well.
DSC01556.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

Tail stub! :p This is for Brokenheart... We were talking about this before LOL.
DSC01517.jpg

I thought this would be attractive, haha! :lol: "Helllloooooo ladies!"
DSC01560.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

Dud has just been hanging out on the cool side lately, because it is so hot here in MN... 100*F + and humid the last 2 days! Today isn't so bad, but still hot and humid. After a short veggie boycott, he ate half of his salad today so he must be feeling a bit better.
I found one drawback to his alfalfa pellets though: Since he smells like them, Smudge keeps following him around and trying to eat him. :shock:
DSC01561.jpg

A new hornworm video is coming up next! Just have to wait for it to upload.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Lol yep, sometimes there is just that killer instinct!

I don't remember if youtube is any faster than photobucket, but it does support more files types. I can't upload anything from my video camera to pb since it's a .mod instead of a .mov file but youtube takes it fine :dontknow:

On a side note...beautiful day to take the guys outside!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hmm, PB has always been fine with my files. If there really isn't a difference, I'll just stick to PB.
Speaking of which... Here is the 2nd hornworm video! He goes after it a lot faster than the first time LOL.

I'm taking him outside after this! :mrgreen:

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Heh it is brutal out there. I put on my bikini and grabbed the kindle and sat out there with Sarth for about 45 mins. We have a deck as well so I decided not to put his leash on. He had a pretty good time I think, happy colors all over! He preferred the shade though, if I moved him to a sunny spot on my blanket he would lift his toes up, a little too toasty for him I guess :p Now he's hiding behind my monitor stand lol.

I have got to get one of those hutches, what brand is it again? I bet they have them at a fleet farm or something.

BTW I loved the shot of your rabbit just chilling out on the floor by Dud's tank, haha.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I was just out with Dudley for an hour and a half! It was nice and shady on the deck, so it felt perfect outside. :D He figured out he could squeeze through the gaps in the wire of his outdoor cage though, LOL! He took off waddling across the deck, but luckily I caught him! So you might want to put some screen across the bottom of it if you get it.

I looked on Fleet Farm's site, and I don't think they have it there, and Amazon is also out of stock. But it looks like Pet Supplies Plus has it.
Apparently it's $100 though?! :shock: Geesh, that garage sale had 2 of them. I should have bought the other!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess4921":2eu27jf2 said:
I was just out with Dudley for an hour and a half! It was nice and shady on the deck, so it felt perfect outside. :D He figured out he could squeeze through the gaps in the wire of his outdoor cage though, LOL! He took off waddling across the deck, but luckily I caught him! So you might want to put some screen across the bottom of it if you get it.

I looked on Fleet Farm's site, and I don't think they have it there, and Amazon is also out of stock. But it looks like Pet Supplies Plus has it.
Apparently it's $100 though?! :shock: Geesh, that garage sale had 2 of them. I should have bought the other!
Hah I was wondering about those gaps, they definitely look big enough for Sarth to go through.

Ack that sucks $100?! I'll have to do some googling research. I was looking at some of the ones on Amazon, they have giant hutches that look like small houses :shock:

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
I love the picture of him waiting for the crickets!! :D
His cuteness is just so overpowering.
I haven't been able to update my thread in awhile, and after seeing your hornworm video I bought two silkworms and both Fred and Jackie gobbled then up... Sorry for the hijack, but after seeing you videos I decided to give it a try.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@JenFid: I know! Maybe you can look on CL, and see if someone is selling something similar? I know there is a tortoise pen kind of like it that I saw someone else using for their beardie.

@Beezer: Hehe, thanks! :D I've never tried silkies, since I can't get them locally. Jackie and Fred are lucky!

@Bowersmom: LOL, he does! Doesn't that make his head look even bigger? I wish I knew what he looked like as a baby... He would have been such a disproportionate bobble head.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I have contemplated McGuyvering an outdoor collapsable enclosure with cloth mesh and PVC pipe so I could take Clovis into the apartment courtyard harness free. The only issue would be that Clovis will try and climb it, so I would have to make it really stable and not take my eyes off of her when she's in it. We really have no storage. Even a playpen would be awkward to try and keep.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
LOL, love all new pics and that video with hornworm was legendary :D He just inhaled it, almost no chewing :D :D
Dudley looks different than other beardies, he has such big eyes and head, it's super adorable. Dudley's cuteness attack!! :love5:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Jess! LOL I am just beginning to go through your thread...ok, be it backwards LOL :mrgreen: But I am going to start from the beginning!

I must say however, that 3rd *stuck* under the log pic is priceless LOL Look at that snarl! :mrgreen: :lol: I bet if you took a pic right after saving him, his expression would say: *What'd you do THAT for??? I MEANT to do that. I was just FINE!!! :laughing6:

I know I will enjoy going through all the pics! Love the deal you got on the outdoor cage :) I don't think Razz likes his tiny little hamster cage (besides......pink is all they had and my 12 yo son is none to fond of taking it out either lol. Hey it is *just* a color like any other color).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom